401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Great looking 112 - very nice (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello - new here. I have had my 1977 John Deere 400 about 2 months now. It came with a 60" mower and a snow blower, chains and weights. A clipboard of records and it's in good shape. I love the way it cuts, the power, etc. Have only recently had some problems - 1) Battery replacement, 2) Seat replacement 3) new mower blades and now the most recent - felt lots of vibrations and the mower driveshaft "fell" off and I'm unsure if it did damage. That same day one of the hydraulic hoses blew and covered a (now former) section of lawn. Local auto store built one very similar pretty quickly. But now I am just wanting to see if there is someone local in Mass that knows these machines and would be willing to just do a once over full inspection. I also cut that snorkle exhaust piece off. :)

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
You will want that exhaust snorkel in the winter. JD moved it to the side because the front discharge makes snow stick in the snowblower.

As for a bagger, there was a rear mounted option I think it was made by track vac.

I don’t think a 50” deck from a 420 would be an option. The front of a 400 is wider.

Reactions: Calli74

·
Registered
372 Posts
Put the 316 to work the other day. Had 36 bales of hay to move. 6 was all the tractor wanted at a time.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

401 - 418 of 418 Posts