Green Tractor Talk banner
401 - 419 of 419 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
hello, i'm lewis new to site.nice pics.was wondering where to get help replacing my drive belt w/out removing the pto clutch its jd 116
Hello Lewis.
Welcome.
Sit back, crack a beer & enjoy the scenery.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Great looking 112 - very nice (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello - new here. I have had my 1977 John Deere 400 about 2 months now. It came with a 60" mower and a snow blower, chains and weights. A clipboard of records and it's in good shape. I love the way it cuts, the power, etc. Have only recently had some problems - 1) Battery replacement, 2) Seat replacement 3) new mower blades and now the most recent - felt lots of vibrations and the mower driveshaft "fell" off and I'm unsure if it did damage. That same day one of the hydraulic hoses blew and covered a (now former) section of lawn. Local auto store built one very similar pretty quickly. But now I am just wanting to see if there is someone local in Mass that knows these machines and would be willing to just do a once over full inspection. I also cut that snorkle exhaust piece off. :)

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
You will want that exhaust snorkel in the winter. JD moved it to the side because the front discharge makes snow stick in the snowblower.

As for a bagger, there was a rear mounted option I think it was made by track vac.

I don’t think a 50” deck from a 420 would be an option. The front of a 400 is wider.

Reactions: Calli74

·
Registered
374 Posts
Put the 316 to work the other day. Had 36 bales of hay to move. 6 was all the tractor wanted at a time.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my Hydro 175.....was a complete basket case when I purchased it. Had not been started in several years, had 2 flat tires, wasted valve seats, broken steering wheel, original belts and rusty dull blades. Deck is taken off in this pic, but all functions and the spindles and pulleys seem to be in good order. Goal will be to put a snow blade on it before winter hits, and then become the neighborhood hero and clear people's driveways......if nothing else, this project has done a good job of keeping me busy!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

401 - 419 of 419 Posts