Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I very frequently include a photo or two with most of my posts, just so the peeps on this forum have something interesting to look at. Sometimes, but not too often the pics I post don't even have anything to do with the post, but I know how much the people on this forum like to look at photos of tractors.... So I make every effort to include them when I post. I think everyone else should try to do the same.... So consider this as an appeal to my fellow GTT peeps to POST MORE PICS! I am posting this thread in the Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT) forum because that is the forum I spend most of my time on here.... I own a 2038R...

So please include more pics with your posts so we can all have more awesome tractor-related photos to look at! Please "like" this post if you agree and post a response...

Sincerely

HomesteadJoe

F-250 & 2038R 02.jpg

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
I agree with you - I love to see pics in posts. We are very fortunate here at this forum to have unlimited image uploads. Most forums you have to host your pics somewhere else - or pay for the right to upload pics.

With that said - I would post more pics but I just can’t get into the habit of bringing my camera with me when I go outside. I guess it’s easy for people who have their cell phones attached to them.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I very frequently include a photo or two with most of my posts, just so the peeps on this forum have something interesting to look at. Sometimes, but not too often the pics I post don't even have anything to do with the post, but I know how much the people on this forum like to look at photos of tractors.... So I make every effort to include them when I post. I think everyone else should try to do the same.... So consider this as an appeal to my fellow GTT peeps to POST MORE PICS! I am posting this thread in the Medium Frame Compact Utility Tractors (MCUT) forum because that is the forum I spend most of my time on here.... I own a 2038R...

So please include more pics with your posts so we can all have more awesome tractor-related photos to look at! Please "like" this post if you agree and post a response...

Sincerely

HomesteadJoe
While I love looking at pics on this site, I'd encourage folks to strip the image when they're replying to quotes. It's a real PITA for me to load 12 images several times on Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I agree, love looking at everyone’s pics. I try to post pics with my posts also. I’m guilty of doing stuff and forgetting to take pics. Get tied up I’m what I’m doing and forget. I always have my phone with me so it’s not like I don’t have anyway to take pictures it’s just getting things done and not taking time to pull out the phone. Getting better though. I also trying to leave phots out on replies.

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
I try to post pics because it is much better than try to describe things.. honestly I enjoy the posts with just a photo and no words as well.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I like viewing pics too, but only post them when I have something interesting or relevant. I use my smartphone for pics, but I don't read GTT with it. So I have to download the pic onto my PC then I usually shrink it since several MB pics are not necessary and it takes a bit of time to upload large files on my slow DSL connection. Then I can upload, but it takes time.

So how do you others do it efficiently? If it were easier, I'd definitely post more pics.

·
Registered
20,811 Posts
I like viewing pics too, but only post them when I have something interesting or relevant. I use my smartphone for pics, but I don't read GTT with it. So I have to download the pic onto my PC then I usually shrink it since several MB pics are not necessary and it takes a bit of time to upload large files on my slow DSL connection. Then I can upload, but it takes time.

So how do you others do it efficiently? If it were easier, I'd definitely post more pics.
With me it's similar. Take a pic with my camera. Then go upstairs to my PC with the SD card and download. Then fix anything and reduce - then post.

·
Registered
11,895 Posts
I agree, love looking at everyone’s pics. I try to post pics with my posts also. I’m guilty of doing stuff and forgetting to take pics. Get tied up I’m what I’m doing and forget. I always have my phone with me so it’s not like I don’t have anyway to take pictures it’s just getting things done and not taking time to pull out the phone. Getting better though. I also trying to leave phots out on replies.
Same problem I have :banghead: I'll think of it after the work is done. But I am definitely pro pics :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,183 Posts

Sincerely

HomesteadJoe

View attachment 547777
OK, I hit the like button. I also left the pic in place as it pertains to my response you wanted. So here is my response you should take with a grain of salt...you need some weights on the front of your truck. :mocking:

Hummmm, I wonder if someone makes a weight bracket for trucks. :dunno: :laugh:

·
Registered
11,895 Posts
I will add this, pics of technical problems help the experienced ones assist you better because not everyone describes problems or symptoms the same way. And something else that i too am guilty of is just simply saying what you did with your green machine, pics paint a much nicer picture.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Sincerely

HomesteadJoe

While I love looking at pics on this site, I'd encourage folks to strip the image when they're replying to quotes. It's a real PITA for me to load 12 images several times on Tapatalk

:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

IMG_5748.JPG

·
Administrator
20,144 Posts
Well, I love the pics too, but this isn’t just a MCUT issue, it’s a site wide issue. I’m going to move this thread where more users can see and read this.

As a member, one should NEVER limit themselves to just one forum here. We have so much more to offer. :good2:

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
Well, I love the pics too, but this isn’t just a MCUT issue, it’s a site wide issue. I’m going to move this thread where more users can see and read this.

As a member, one should NEVER limit themselves to just one forum here. We have so much more to offer. :good2:
I use Dropbox. It loads the photos from my phone and iPad to a file I can get to from the computer or either devise. Then I can upload to here easy. If I rotate them on one device after they are loaded they automatically rotate on the others.

It also works well for other files like my excel sheet with everything’s models and serial numbers.

·
Administrator
16,777 Posts
I use Dropbox. It loads the photos from my phone and iPad to a file I can get to from the computer or either devise. Then I can upload to here easy. If I rotate them on one device after they are loaded they automatically rotate on the others.

It also works well for other files like my excel sheet with everything’s models and serial numbers.

The major issue with this from a forum standpoint is that the pics are not permanently here on our servers. If in a year or more you decide to move or delete the pics from you DB account then all your pics are lost here and we end up with posts that have dead meaningless links. Look what happened to PhotoBucket users recently, they locked up the "free" accounts and now every forum on the internet is suffering. Some small forums never even allowed direct uploads (to save server space) and relied solely on external hosting services, those guys are really hurting from the PB fiasco.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Just don't take many photos

I'm guilty of omitting photos. I just seldom take photos and it's even more rare for me to move them to the computer where I can upload them. The pictures I do have on the computer are frequently family pix and I don't put those on any public forum. It's not that I don't trust all of you, but I don't know all of you!

If I was to take more pictures, upload them to the computer, strip out the metadata and then post I doubt I would post at all which might be an improvement.

For all of you who do post pix, good for you. I'm glad, they are fun to see except for those of people with furry hats and not much else.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
When the quote is on the same page as the original post, the photos only "load" once and show up multiple times in the page. The real issue is when the quote is on a different page and you have to load them all over again. That eats data on your phone unless you're on WiFi.

I personally would prefer to see only those photos relevant to the post, and that includes replies with quotes. If there are six photos and you're replying to comment on one, delete the other five from the quote. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts