1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
754 Posts
I bought that Eastwood kit probably 15 years ago. It's good for some things. I would not try to coat an entire tractor. Biggest problem would be curing the powder. First you have to have an oven big enough, second, whatever you put in the oven has to withstand 410-420 degrees.

Liquid paint has improved so much the last 15-20 years, base coat/clear coat with hardener in the clear is more durable.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
That looks like a really cool process,,,, but,,,, (and I have a BIG but)
[That did not come out right!! :laugh:]

I do not paint many parts that will fit in a toaster oven,,,,, :dunno:

As a matter of fact,,,
I can not remember the last time I painted something that small, that I was not also painting something too large to "bake"...

So, my use would be almost zero,,, due to attempting to color match,,,:flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I do not paint many parts that will fit in a toaster oven,,,,, :dunno:

As a matter of fact,,,
I can not remember the last time I painted something that small, that I was not also painting something too large to "bake"...

So, my use would be almost zero,,, due to attempting to color match,,,:flag_of_truce:
Let me address your concerns.
1) I use a standard oven no one said it had to be a toaster oven.
2) When it comes to color matching it is not a problem. You can get JD green and yellow. And literally 1000s of colors.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I've used the JD green and yellow from Powder by the Pound. It's a good match.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know enough about powder coating. I have nothing against it, but with all the HVLP paint set ups available today; coupled with products available through Eastwood, I've always had luck with that combination for the DIY'er on all my Jeep projects . . .

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
"Snap on Yellow" is the same as JD yellow, saved me a ton when I had all my rims redone. Matched the swatches for both, identical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts