Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1025r and i also have a 3rd valve installed for my grapple i now want to add a backhoe they tell me i can't because of the 3rd valve is there anyway i can add a backhoe? even if i have to replace the 3rd valve and install a diverter valve.
thank you for the help

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd like to follow this. I have a 1025R with a backhoe and I'd like to have a grapple someday.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Two options if you want "off the shelf"

1) Remove the 3rd SCV kit and install the PB kit, then add the Artillian Diverter Kit for your grapple onto the loader.

2) Get the rear remote kit from FitRite Hydraulics, a use one of the spools for your grapple.

OR, you could home-brew one of the above options and try to save a few bucks.

"They" told you correctly, you cannot have both of the JD kits installed at the same time.

Oh, and:
:wgtt:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
what is a 3 spool device? do you have any photos and how to instructions?
thank you for the help
Clamps to your ROPS, connects to the factory power beyond kit. Takes about an hour to install.

Attachments

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
OK, My suggestion would be to remove the current 3rd valve. Replace the hard lines with hoses connecting to the valve stack. This gets the replacement valves plumbed in. I would use 1 valve for the loader 3rd function (grapple), have a second valve just to have for a spare valve to be used for implements or maybe a hydraulic top link, have the 3rd valve a detent valve and plug the hoe into that 3rd valve. If you want to save $175, then forget about the 2nd valve listed as an implement valve. There are other options, but cost more $$$.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, My suggestion would be to remove the current 3rd valve. Replace the hard lines with hoses connecting to the valve stack. This gets the replacement valves plumbed in. I would use 1 valve for the loader 3rd function (grapple), have a second valve just to have for a spare valve to be used for implements or maybe a hydraulic top link, have the 3rd valve a detent valve and plug the hoe into that 3rd valve. If you want to save $175, then forget about the 2nd valve listed as an implement valve. There are other options, but cost more $$$.

Not sure what you are talking about is there any information on youtub? Or a photo i can remove the third valve and i can install a diverty valve also would e able to install a pb set up only because i seen it as a video or photos
Thank you for the help

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
Not sure what you are talking about is there any information on youtub? Or a photo i can remove the third valve and i can install a diverty valve also would e able to install a pb set up only because i seen it as a video or photos
Thank you for the help
Yes you can install a manual diverter valve onto the pressure line that feeds your 3rd valve to get you your PB source that you are looking for. Do some research and I'm sure that you can figure out what to do.

This is something that I will not be able to help you out with, I have not done this or have the time to do the research to show how the best way to do it is.

Good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If a person was to run steel lines what size would i need can you bend your own and would you use compression or flair fittings? Where would i look to find the right lines and fittings?
Thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There ways to communicate that i am not up on but i can do one [email protected]
I think i will take my time and look at this but i do believe it can be done,i have to take some time and look at my tractor and get an understanding of how it works
I hope from time to time you can help me out i would like to thank you for all the help so far

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread, but i might have a similar issue. Just want to make sure I understand.

I just upgraded to 1025r TLB and ordered SB1154 rear snowblower. Originally with hydraulic chute rotation. Dealer called said can’t do because can’t have 3 SCV and power beyond. I can accept that. If I understand this correctly though I should be able to run power beyond lines to a valve (say 3 position center neutral) that then runs to the cylinder that controls chute rotation. Am I off base on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
658 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread, but i might have a similar issue. Just want to make sure I understand.

I just upgraded to 1025r TLB and ordered SB1154 rear snowblower. Originally with hydraulic chute rotation. Dealer called said can’t do because can’t have 3 SCV and power beyond. I can accept that. If I understand this correctly though I should be able to run power beyond lines to a valve (say 3 position center neutral) that then runs to the cylinder that controls chute rotation. Am I off base on this?

Get the power beyond from JD. Then worry about the additional SCVs yourself. There are several threads on GTT about doing this. It's not really that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts

What they mean is that John Deere does not have an off the shelf kit to have both. That does not mean that it cannot be done.
I had a 1026R that had a John Deere power beyond kit & an after market 3 spool SCV on the rear.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What they mean is that John Deere does not have an off the shelf kit to have both. That does not mean that it cannot be done.
I had a 1026R that had a John Deere power beyond kit & an after market 3 spool SCV on the rear.
What aftermarket kit did you use? I just got a quote from Brian at fit rite for $1,212 for a 2 spool valve. $1,387 for a 3 spool valve. This of course doesn’t include the rest of the stuff I would need to make it fit. If that’s what it costs then that’s what it costs. But that’s almost twice what a 3rd SCV costs.

My dealer was supposed to switch my snowblower to the manual chute but didn’t. But before I take it back and wait another 2 months for a new one I want to explore options to utilize the hydraulic option.

All I am wanting to do is go from power beyond to a valve that I can connect snowblower hoses to in order to control chute rotation. Said valve would be open in neutral position to return fluid to the tank. Push valve right and it would divert fluid to rotate chute right. Pull valve left and it would divert fluid to rotate left. Maybe I am underestimating this concept.

So far all explanations I receive make it sound like this is more complicated than I can handle.

To me this should be a simple setup as long as I have the correct valve.

2018 1025R TLB (120R/260B), 54" MMM auto connect/mulch, 54" rear snow blower (SB1154), 60” FEL mounted snow blade (AF10F), iMatch, Heavy Hitch and bolt on toothbar, Ken's bolt on hooks, diff lock, seat springs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts