Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on my new 2020 1025R FILB, the hydraulic lines for the backhoe are too short. After removing the backhoe, the only way I can reconnect them is to pull the upper line out of the little spiral bracket (which isn't easy) so that I have barely enough play to connect the hose so that my 3pt hitch will work. If the damned hoses were at least an inch longer each, there would be no problem.

So far, I've complained twice to the (big chain) that I bought the tractor through, but no action has been taken.

How hard is it to make your own hoses? Is there a kit? I'm tired of struggling with this every week when I prepare to mow the lawns. (I have a Terra King for grass clippings, so I need to remove the backhoe.)

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh, that must be aggravating. If they won't change it and you have to do it yourself you might just have a short extension extension made with a male and female coupler on it. I know the hoses on my backhoe are just a bit longer than I would like so if I stuck a permanent longer hose on the tractor (2025r) ti could be a problem. The extension could be left off when the backhoe is on.

Sorry I can't offer any real help. The hoses on mine are a little difficult to plug together but not bad enough to get me cussing at it. Good luck!

·
Administrator
20,104 Posts
I've not read of thing being an issue before. There is not "kit", but if you take the hose to any local hydraulic shop they could use it as a template to make you a longer one.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Some pictures would be handy. These are designed to be extra compact and get those hoses out of footprints. Hard to have it both ways. Looked to see if I could find a photo, maybe you need to remove it completely out of the spring bracket and do away with that. Too much can be a problem as too little. There are extensions at any hydraulic shop but may bind if you put the extensions on. Would just have to examine the problem. How about photos and we might be able to offer some help.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The hose storage tray under the backhoe pivots to give more hose but its still hard if you're connecting from the ground. I build this cart for under $30.00 and haven't had to deal with that issue since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts