Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, on my new 2020 1025R FILB, the hydraulic lines for the backhoe are too short. After removing the backhoe, the only way I can reconnect them is to pull the upper line out of the little spiral bracket (which isn't easy) so that I have barely enough play to connect the hose so that my 3pt hitch will work. If the damned hoses were at least an inch longer each, there would be no problem.

So far, I've complained twice to the (big chain) that I bought the tractor through, but no action has been taken.

How hard is it to make your own hoses? Is there a kit? I'm tired of struggling with this every week when I prepare to mow the lawns. (I have a Terra King for grass clippings, so I need to remove the backhoe.)

Thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oh, that must be aggravating. If they won't change it and you have to do it yourself you might just have a short extension extension made with a male and female coupler on it. I know the hoses on my backhoe are just a bit longer than I would like so if I stuck a permanent longer hose on the tractor (2025r) ti could be a problem. The extension could be left off when the backhoe is on.

Sorry I can't offer any real help. The hoses on mine are a little difficult to plug together but not bad enough to get me cussing at it. Good luck!

·
Administrator
20,848 Posts
I've not read of thing being an issue before. There is not "kit", but if you take the hose to any local hydraulic shop they could use it as a template to make you a longer one.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Some pictures would be handy. These are designed to be extra compact and get those hoses out of footprints. Hard to have it both ways. Looked to see if I could find a photo, maybe you need to remove it completely out of the spring bracket and do away with that. Too much can be a problem as too little. There are extensions at any hydraulic shop but may bind if you put the extensions on. Would just have to examine the problem. How about photos and we might be able to offer some help.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The hose storage tray under the backhoe pivots to give more hose but its still hard if you're connecting from the ground. I build this cart for under $30.00 and haven't had to deal with that issue since.

·
Registered
2021 2025R TLB
1 Posts
I to have issues with reconnecting the loop on the tractor after removing the BH. The hoses are too short and it takes every bit of strength I have to align the connectors. I am very concerned that I am going to kink the steel tubing or damage the flex hoses that is at the transmission or the connectors. When I took delivery they tried to make the connections and had to remove the looped bracket and replace it with a hook so you can remove the hose and better align it. I tried a couple of times to make this connection but ultimately I had this back into the dealer for them to work on. They thought it was an issue with the dealer installed 3rd function and aligned some connectors but it made no difference. I think a 45-degree fitting on each connector would make it easy to make the loop on the tractor and not affect the connection to the BH. Not sure if they make that kind of fitting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I to have issues with reconnecting the loop on the tractor after removing the BH. The hoses are too short and it takes every bit of strength I have to align the connectors. I am very concerned that I am going to kink the steel tubing or damage the flex hoses that is at the transmission or the connectors. When I took delivery they tried to make the connections and had to remove the looped bracket and replace it with a hook so you can remove the hose and better align it. I tried a couple of times to make this connection but ultimately I had this back into the dealer for them to work on. They thought it was an issue with the dealer installed 3rd function and aligned some connectors but it made no difference. I think a 45-degree fitting on each connector would make it easy to make the loop on the tractor and not affect the connection to the BH. Not sure if they make that kind of fitting.
I have since found that wiggling the loader or backhoe controls doesn't always relieve the pressure in the power beyond loop. If I'm having trouble reconnecting, I have to actually press down on the little button inside the connector to relieve pressure. (Which of course lets out a little bit of hydraulic fluid.) After relieving the pressure, the hoses are much easier to connect.

Still, I wish they'd have given me just a inch more length on the top hose.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,903 Posts
I have since found that wiggling the loader or backhoe controls doesn't always relieve the pressure in the power beyond loop. If I'm having trouble reconnecting, I have to actually press down on the little button inside the connector to relieve pressure. (Which of course lets out a little bit of hydraulic fluid.) After relieving the pressure, the hoses are much easier to connect.

Still, I wish they'd have given me just a inch more length on the top hose.
Next time it comes off, reconnect the two hoses on the backhoe, that'll avoid the pressure buildup on the return line as the BH slowly leaks down while stored.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Buy both a male AND a female quick connect coupler, the size that matches what you have on the Power Beyond line, and screw the two together with a threaded nipple .. With the two together and connected to your Power beyond hose, it should give you the "little extra" length you need, and it would be cheaper than having a new longer hose made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts