Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or am I doing something wrong...? I'm finding the large hydraulic lines used for the Backhoe to be very difficult going on and off as needed. I have no real issues with the small hydraulic lines on the FEL of the MMM but the larger lines on the power beyond kit are very difficult to install. I understand the build up of pressure and trust me I've tasted my share of hydraulic fluid getting the pressure out, but these lines are still very hard to seat. Any thoughts....?

·
Administrator
20,721 Posts
Not to sound silly, but you are connecting them with the tractor off right?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
My first thought was the same as diesel's, been there done that.
Just run the joystick on the tractor around few times and if the BH has been sitting, operate both control levers in all four directions a few times.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
My first thought was the same as diesel's, been there done that.
Just run the joystick on the tractor around few times and if the BH has been sitting, operate both control levers in all four directions a few times.
I have an issue when reconnecting the BH to the tractor, when I have not relieved all hydraulic pressure before disconnecting(take weight off the stabilizers, stick etc.) and if I do not connect the two connections together. on the removed BH, and it is sitting in the sun. Long as I do the above, I have not had issues connecting back up. Have the same issue with the FEL. Pressure in the closed system keeps the pin pegged hard on the connector.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
I have an issue when reconnecting the BH to the tractor, when I have not relieved all hydraulic pressure before disconnecting(take weight off the stabilizers, stick etc.) and if I do not connect the two connections together. on the removed BH, and it is sitting in the sun. Long as I do the above, I have not had issues connecting back up. Have the same issue with the FEL. Pressure in the closed system keeps the pin pegged hard on the connector.
:thumbup1gif:Important part, IMO and one I forgot to mention. Good one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts