Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Been awhile since my last post, into a new machine now with a backhoe and power beyond and had a question regarding the power beyond that I haven't found the answer to using the search function.
So the machine has the 370b backhoe as equipped from the dealership lot and the first time I removed the hoe to attach the post hole digger, i noticed a 3rd hydraulic quick disconnect with a red safety boot a bit higher up than the two connections I use with the backhoe? Is this a tank drain?
Off topic.... I absolutely love the machine (3025e tlb) so far, backhoe is smooth, reminds me of much larger hoes and the rumble of a 100+cu/in diesel purring is intoxicating. :)
Thanks in advance,
Tim

·
Registered
255 Posts
After you take your BH off, you will plug the line with red cap back into the tractor. That line will complete the hydraulic system loop while the BH is off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two male/female hydraulic connectors the backhoe lines plug into im farmiliar with, in the case of my machine, there are no protective boots, i unplug both and re-connect the loop after the backhoe is off, what I dont know is what the line about 12" away (third connector) is for with a red protective boot on it?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
The two male/female hydraulic connectors the backhoe lines plug into im farmiliar with, in the case of my machine, there are no protective boots, i unplug both and re-connect the loop after the backhoe is off, what I dont know is what the line about 12" away (third connector) is for with a red protective boot on it?
Can you take some photos and post them, and we can figure it out?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you look at the right-rear side of the machine in the photo, you can see there are two quick disconnects that make the power beyond loop for the backhoe, or are connected to eachother with the hoe off. The part in question is higher up with the red protective boot on it. There are no protective caps on the two I use with the hoe, never thought anything of it though since they are either hooked to the backhoe lines or hooked to eachother when the backhoe is off on both the tractor and the hoe.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ JeffW, so as you can see from the photo I uploaded there are the same quick disconnects on my machine, a male & female quick disconnect with one having a "whip" (dunno if that electrical term can be used here?) on the end of about 12", the other mounted in a bracket. Looks like you have a boot on yours that hook to the backhoe, I do not. The only cap/boot I have is on the "3rd" hydraulic line above those two.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Seems a little odd to me. I don't know from looking at that photo. I guess I would then try and trace that line from behind the connector to wherever it goes???
You have a 3E tractor, so maybe there is something peculiar to that line of E series?
This was dealer installed from new correct? Check your invoice for work order/parts installed. Failing that call dealer I guess.
Sorry.......:unknown:.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The instructions say to put the red boot on the loop hose like my pic. When you connect your BH to the power beyond, the BH lines should connect to the port you have your red boot on and the female port. The little open hole is where I stick the end of the loop line. If we have one at work I will get a pick. You should have label stickers on your ports, P for power, T for tank and R for return, I don't see them on yours

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The instructions say to put the red boot on the loop hose like my pic. When you connect your BH to the power beyond, the BH lines should connect to the port you have your red boot on and the female port. The little open hole is where I stick the end of the loop line. If we have one at work I will get a pick. You should have label stickers on your ports, P for power, T for tank and R for return, I don't see them on yours
Yeah, definitely no stickers identifying the ports. The lower mounted port and the other with the short hose ending with a right angle fitting are the ones I use with the backhoe, seeing that only recently did I notice the third, im guessing I dont need it for anything... yet?

So if it is a "tank" line, what conditions would that be used under I wonder?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts