Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Installed the diverter valve this weekend, everything went great, easy to install and looks factory, highly recommended!

A question I do have is on power, switched or not switched (ignition key). Right now I have it on an unswitched circuit. Is there any reason to move it to a switched circuit, safety, battery drain? The advantage of it being on an unswitched circuit is the ability to take pressure off the lines without turning on the ignition. I used a standard add a fuse and plugged into the fuse box so I can easily move.

Also is there a better way to tie into the fuse box than the add a fuse?

By the way I have a 1023e.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Nice,defently on my to do list. I would think you would want it no the ignition side or a switch, but I don't have on yet so can't say for sure. :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hi Guys,

Installed the diverter valve this weekend, everything went great, easy to install and looks factory, highly recommended!

A question I do have is on power, switched or not switched (ignition key). Right now I have it on an unswitched circuit. Is there any reason to move it to a switched circuit, safety, battery drain? The advantage of it being on an unswitched circuit is the ability to take pressure off the lines without turning on the ignition. I used a standard add a fuse and plugged into the fuse box so I can easily move.

Also is there a better way to tie into the fuse box than the add a fuse?

By the way I have a 1023e.

Thanks!
Hi idb,

The only thought I've had in favor of switched would be in the case where other people might have access to your tractor when you aren't around to supervise, such as a trigger happy kid playing with all of the switches and levers for hours on end which could eventually drain the battery. But there could be lots of other unimaginable scenarios which would support not having the circuit powered when the tractor is off. It's sort of an ounce of prevention thing. It's not that much trouble to turn the key on momentarily to relieve pressure.

But under "normal" conditions, it shouldn't make a big difference either way.

Thanks and welcome to GTT too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts