Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my rops lights from my 1025r because they were going to get smashed by a tree and because I never drive on the road. I unplugged the wires below the rops and pulled the entire wire harness out with the light fixture.

I want to attach a sprayer with a small electric pump. I would like to plug it into one of the blinker wires and use the blinker switch to turn the pump on and off. Obviously I do not want my pump to cycle on and off like a blinker. Also I have not used a voltmeter yet to check if I have enough power. I want to use the blinker switch to activate the pump because it is in an easy to reach spot.

First the simpler question, should I have enough power at the blinker wire to run a small pump? Similar to this: youtube

Second, what do I need to do or remove to provide continuous power when i turn on a blinker?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I removed my rops lights from my 1025r because they were going to get smashed by a tree and because I never drive on the road. I unplugged the wires below the rops and pulled the entire wire harness out with the light fixture.

I want to attach a sprayer with a small electric pump. I would like to plug it into one of the blinker wires and use the blinker switch to turn the pump on and off. Obviously I do not want my pump to cycle on and off like a blinker. Also I have not used a voltmeter yet to check if I have enough power. I want to use the blinker switch to activate the pump because it is in an easy to reach spot.

First the simpler question, should I have enough power at the blinker wire to run a small pump? Similar to this: youtube

Second, what do I need to do or remove to provide continuous power when i turn on a blinker?

Thanks

Why not use the 12v socket with a switch to turn the pump on and off ?

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
I think you'd burn up the light switch, I'm sure its not rated for that much current. Use the 12v accessory outlet as suggested above.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not use the 12v socket with a switch to turn the pump on and off ?
I'm a big advocate of the KISS method, yet I always seem to opt for the hard way lol.
I think you'd burn up the light switch, I'm sure its not rated for that much current. Use the 12v accessory outlet as suggested above.
Where would I put my cigar then? I actually forgot that outlet was there. I am much more in favor of this idea. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts