Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5045E. I have been losing power. Began after I replaced fuel line from tank to filter. Filter replaced. Lines bled. Regardless of load or shredding. Only 200 hrs on tractor. TIA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Strainer After (Large).JPG

I had a 5065E 2015 cab model with same issue & this strainer just inside tank where fuel line leaves tank was clogged with gel from Bio Diesel, I drained tank found this removed strainer & placed inline filter where I could see it before fuel got to factory filters and did not have any more trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Similar issue

View attachment 650466

I had a 5065E 2015 cab model with same issue & this strainer just inside tank where fuel line leaves tank was clogged with gel from Bio Diesel, I drained tank found this removed strainer & placed inline filter where I could see it before fuel got to factory filters and did not have any more trouble.
We had a similar issue with an IH 784. Thought it had run out of fuel (it wasn't me running it) and could not get it running again after refueling. It turned out to be a plugged strainer. Prior to that, it had gotten difficult to start but has started well ever since so I think it was a little fuel starved. Probably should pull the strainer every couple of years and check it but we had a problem before.

Treefarmer

Reactions: deere36
1 - 4 of 4 Posts