Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 3520 with 1400 hours and while the power steering works fine, I noticed that the steering wheel slowly drifts counter clockwise. I hadn't noticed this working in the yard, but I had to drive it a couple miles on the road, and became obvious then. Maybe a whole rotation in 10 minutes of driving. It's not something that bothers me, but I was wondering if something is failing or is this normal.
Jack

·
Registered
199 Posts
Jack,
I had a similar problem with my 3320 after replacing the hystat. I would have to almost constantly correct the steering when roading it. For me, the solution was to align the front end (it was off a little, but not much). I believe that the real solution, though was when I jacked up the front end and turned the steering wheel lock to lock in both directions several times. My theory is that there was some air in the system. Or perhaps it's just a characteristic of hydrostatic steering. At any rate, mine steers normally now.

Ken

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
I recently acquired a 3520 with 1400 hours and while the power steering works fine, I noticed that the steering wheel slowly drifts counter clockwise. I hadn't noticed this working in the yard, but I had to drive it a couple miles on the road, and became obvious then. Maybe a whole rotation in 10 minutes of driving. It's not something that bothers me, but I was wondering if something is failing or is this normal.
Jack
Check this inline hydraulic filter, #6 in the image below for debris / partial blockage. A restriction can affect power steering operation. The system requires proper operating pressure and volume to remain "centered."

3X20 Hydraulic Cooler & Filter.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts