Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally got my 1025 w/54D setup and leveled the deck per the great instructions here on GTT.

Went and tried a test mow and noticed the smell of burning rubber. Found that the belt from the power flow is hitting the frame of the mowing deck. It doesn't sit properly in the groove that it appears that it should.

Any advice, of course the dealer doesn't have any ides on how this would even be possible..

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more details, just in case they gave the the wrong parts.

The model # on the powerflow unit is 54HPY Is this even the correct one for this deck/machine?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I kinda wondering on that part number? Just a quick search on JD Parts I am not seeing that one, but I am no expert on part numbers. Maybe a pic a little further back? It just seems like the belt routing is heading more towards the back of the deck than it should be?

I think a little wider shot of the powerflow may help.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
A few more details, just in case they gave the the wrong parts.

The model # on the powerflow unit is 54HPY Is this even the correct one for this deck/machine?
I have the 60" mower deck instead of the 54" but I believe the power flow blower is the same. That being said that part number does not look right. I'd have to check mine tonight when I'm at home, but pretty sure the part number is about 7-9 characters long. The belt on mine doesn't go backwards that far at all. Almost seems like the blower is too long.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It appears that the blower on the 54" is a different part #.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same deck and powerflow and I too have belt rub on a frame member of the deck. I have looked at it extensively and don't see a fix, need to ask my dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doing some more research it looks like what they gave me was:

OMM158896

But from what I can tell I need this:

OMM145652_E9

The first one (the one on my deck) has two plastic arms (pict below) that keep the chute up. The second one (the one I think I need) has a bracket to hold up the chute.

Does anyone have one on a 1 series where they can confirm the part number? I also noticed the pulley says 54C/62C Shouldn't this be D?

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would not worry about the "c" on the pully. I have seen the d use many parts of the c. I don't think that is the issue. That blower just looks different than any I have seen used on on the 1 or 2. I too will check, but won't be at home until later tonight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I'm checking things with the brain trust at GGT...the material tube they gave me says LVU17904

I see there is also a Small Chassis MCS Chute LVB24947

Any thoughts on which one I should have?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe check out this thread. The shroud may be your issue and that can be trimmed. I thought this issue sounded familiar..

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/5818-power-flow-belt-clearance.html
Thanks Randy. So from that thread one thing that jumps out is where the power flow connects to the deck. My dealer told me that the plastic top is suppose to go over the top of the deck frame (top lip). From this pict is appears that this is mounted under the deck?

BTW I am getting some minor rub on the top of the shroud, but this is because the belts are too high. If they were lower and more forward (in the groove of the 54D) then it wouldn't rub there either.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think they are correct in saying the shroud goes over the deck. However, those to long tabs on the front of your blower extend under the deck on the front side. They look un-cut to me so I would bet $1.25 that they are hitting up on something under the deck, preventing the blower from fully seating against the deck in the front. That is why the belts are kicked back and into the deck frame.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think they are correct in saying the shroud goes over the deck. However, those to long tabs on the front of your blower extend under the deck on the front side. They look un-cut to me so I would bet $1.25 that they are hitting up on something under the deck, preventing the blower from fully seating against the deck in the front. That is why the belts are kicked back and into the deck frame.
Possibly, but if that was the case why does the pin fit in the rear properly?

Spoke to another dealer and they said that the instructions call for "notching" out that rear grove more. Has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
439 Posts
That pin bends quite a bit. You can make it fit from a pretty wide range of angles. I think I have seen guys cut those notches wider. Hopefully someone else with that model will confirm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I went through everything today and ended up taking off the deflection chute off the deck, so the powerflow was able to have free movement against the deck. Things got better, I still have the belt touching the top corner of the notch - but almost no pressure.

Still waiting for confirmation that the model # for this unit is what should be on a 1 series 54D. Called dealer and they have no record of a model #54HPY, called a second dealer - same answer. Called Deere corporate and they told me they have no record either.

Wonder if they even make these things...

If I can get confirmation that this is the correct unit I don't mind modifying the corner to get rid of the contact (now that it's minimal) - unless anyone else has a fix they can offer.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
Swampthing, if you tap the space-bar once after attaching each picture, it will space them out a bit so they don't appear to run together. I've edited the ones you've already posted, hope you don't mind.

Now :focus: :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Looks to me as if the belt is rubbing the right rear wheel bracket? If so... Go to your dealer and have them look up DTAC case 95344. And then have them FIX IT!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took an MCS system for a 54C deck and installed it on my 54D deck. Required a new pulley, belt and spacer. I had the belt setup on the wrong pulley to start and had some rubbing. But after sorting this out, I now have no rubbing or problems. I spend a bit of time on the Deere parts website sorting out what was needed to make the conversion.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts