Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere 335 with a 54" deck. It says 54C on the Model Number sticker but has metal belt coverage so not sure if it is really a C model or not. I have found a bagger setup from a 335 with 48C deck and was wondering which parts I would need to purchase to convert to my deck.

I am also looking for hood parts if someone might know of where I can get used pieces.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
If your deck is the 54 mulch compatible,the older 48 and 54 power flows fit both.There is a mount that goes under the deck and you need the double stack pulley.This is my 98 345 minus the metal belt guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your deck is the 54 mulch compatible,the older 48 and 54 power flows fit both.There is a mount that goes under the deck and you need the double stack pulley.This is my 98 345 minus the metal belt guards.
Yes, it looks just like your deck. The mulch compatible sticker was tore up but now that I know what it says I can see it

So one off of a 48C wont fit at all or would I just need to change the mounting hardware. I have been trying to find a parts diagram for each to see how much is compatible but no luck. Thank you for the pictures.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Yes, it looks just like your deck. The mulch compatible sticker was tore up but now that I know what it says I can see it

So one off of a 48C wont fit at all or would I just need to change the mounting hardware. I have been trying to find a parts diagram for each to see how much is compatible but no luck. Thank you for the pictures.
The 48c is different it won't fit.The 48c mount like the current ones due.If you click on the photo and then click again you should be able to zoom in enough to see how the front part of the power flow mounts on the square piece on the deck just behind the gauge wheel.Pf that fit our decks come off 48-54 decks that were on many models 325,335,345,355D and 425,445,455.Mine I got off a 445 with a 54" deck.On the PF it say 48/54.Even the Scotts 48 and 54" deck were JD just painted orange.They used JD PF for their bagging system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The 48c is different it won't fit.The 48c mount like the current ones due.If you click on the photo and then click again you should be able to zoom in enough to see how the front part of the power flow mounts on the square piece on the deck just behind the gauge wheel.Pf that fit our decks come off 48-54 decks that were on many models 325,335,345,355D and 425,445,455.Mine I got off a 445 with a 54" deck.On the PF it say 48/54.Even the Scotts 48 and 54" deck were JD just painted orange.They used JD PF for their bagging system.
Thank you for the insight. Too bad it was an unbelievable price but if it wont fit it is worthless. This was the kind of information I was looking for

1 - 5 of 5 Posts