Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3720 that is a year old and has about 50 hours on it. I have been thinking about getting the PowerGard extended warranty for it. Has anyone purchased it and what was your cost for the months of extended warranty you bought?

I normally don't buy extended warranties (Best Buy and the like) but on my Honda motorcycles I do as it is the factory warranty extended out to 7 years. With all the gizmos and stuff on my Deere, and not being mechanically inclined except for basics like fluid/filter changes, this seemed like a good idea.

Thanks for your input.

Scott

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I am not one for extended warranties. Many times it has turned out that for the same cost or less of the warranty the item could have been fixed. Second, in one instance the warranty cost would have made a very good down payment on a replacement on the item that was wore out anyway. The way I see it, it is a risk and you will be out the money if a problem arises anyway. If nothing happens you are ahead of the game. I may as well put the money into the repair or replacement than some warranty broker's pocket. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Oh, and one more thing, I have found in most cases the extended warranty doesn't cover what I always thought it should, usually when my item is broken.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like Deere does warranties a little different than what I've experienced in the past. My salesman said they would want samples of the engine oil, tranny and coolant. IF JD approves my machine for the extended warranty, then it would be $1019 for 2 additional years and $1500 for 3. I'll pass.

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Wow, 1500 for 3 years. A major failure would make it worth it, but... I could see it on a commercial unit, but for the average homeowner it seems a bit steep.

I think you made the right decision to pass. Keep up on fluid changes and check them for the correct level and I can't see much going wrong that you cannot fix yourself fairly cheap..

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I purchased the extended warranty on my new 4720 this year. It extended the full machine warranty out to 4 full years. I think I paid 749.00 at tractor purchase time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I purchased the extended warranty on my new 4720 this year. It extended the full machine warranty out to 4 full years. I think I paid 749.00 at tractor purchase time.
x2:good2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.