1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4052R HOOS, 440R MSL, 485A
283 Posts
Could check out these:

·
Registered
2021 2025R TLB, 60" MMM with stow and go; Frontier BB2048L box blade; iMatch, Frontier AP10F forks
184 Posts
I never buy extended warranties. Here's why:

The company selling the extended warranty, John Deere, has a handle on how much any expected repairs will cost for every time period in the future. And they know, statistically exactly how often each problem is likely to turn up. For example, for every 1000 1025R's with 1000 hours, they know how many engines will fail and how much it will cost to fix. Similarly for every conceivable warranty issue, they have analyzed it and know the numbers inside and out.

So they know, on average, exactly what they will spend to maintain and fix your tractor in the future. When they sell you the extended warranty,, they take that expected future cost and boost the price they charge you to cover the profits for John Deere and the dealer. And these warranties are very profitable for John Deere and for the dealer.

The only way you end up ahead is if you are very unlucky and you buy a lemon where the warranty repairs vastly exceed the average. It can happen, but it's very unlikely.

In general, you will end up way ahead if you do your maintenance yourself and pay out of pocket only for repairs that aren't covered under the standard warranty and that you can't handle yourself.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I bought the 3 year zero deductible for my X739 right at the end of the standard 4 year warranty. Normally I don't buy extended warranties but at that point the price had dropped so much I bit. Glad I did as a couple years into the plan the X739 developed a coolant leak which required some engine gasket work and water pump replacement. The plan covered everything including pickup and delivery and if I remember right the dealer billed them about 3 times what I had payed for the warranty.

On the other hand I didn't get an extended warranty on my 3320 and 14 years later its been pretty much bullet proof. It's only visit to the dealer was early on and covered by the standard warranty.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
just signed up for the full Monte on my 2025. Time will tell if it was a good decision. Based on leaks I have had so far I think it’s 50/50 so I went with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts