Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is going on. I don't get it. Little kids!! Sorry I'm pissed off had to rant. Prayers go out to the families.

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Had play practice at our church and the young kids were asking ,What did the kids do to deserve being shot. Hard to explain to little ones that they hadn't done anything , but now they were in Heaven now and no more harm would come to them.

Prayers for their families

·
Super Moderator
8,052 Posts
Tragic, unthinkable, horrific & awful can't even begin to describe this. I was in CT on business yesterday and everyone was in semi-shock over the sad news. Children?? Innocent victims. Their families and friends will never be the same.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That one pic of the little boy and girl next to each other is the one that really got to me. What can you even say to little kids like that?? Very sad situation.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
It is horrible. A high school shooting is bad enough, but these kids were so young, they likely didn't know what was going on. It's so sad to see someone who was a little messed up hurt so many innocent children and families.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
The scumbag that did this is such a coward to shoot himself at the end. I wish that he would have live to go through the torture that some of these families will the rest of their lives. I cannot imagine the pain some families will feel every Christmas as they reflect on their lost child.

These cowards that choose schools need to grow a pair and choose a military base or police department. Sorry for the rant. This makes me mad as many of the news channels will make the shooters out as not so bad people with problems. Almost allowing the next guy to think its ok. These people are scum bags. Tell the world that this shooter was/is a scum bag.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
This is/was a horrific tragedy in so many ways. There are still details coming out about the events and the shooter. While hindsight is always 20/20, I have a suspicion that there will be some "red flags" that got missed, overlooked, and/or ignored.

My thoughts are with the families and friends of everyone that was directly impacted by a loss, everyone that was impacted by presence, and everyone that was impacted by knowledge of this terrible event.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
At a loss for words

When I first heard about this awful event , I couldn't help but also feel for the first responders who had to see and examine the crime scene. No matter how much training that a LEO officer or paramedic goes through, scenes like that will shake a person to the core. Might even make a person quit their job and choose a different profession.

And, most importantly the parents who lost their children or even those that lost friends, siblings, or relatives. Their whole world and routine has been shattered. My heart goes out to all those affected by this absolutely terrible event. It will take a tremendous amount of support and determination for people to find a way to heal and function normally. Don't know how a person directly afftected by this could do anything normal for a long time. Their hearts and souls must hurt so bad.

Still numb after learning about it all. Will be sending many prayers to them.

So sorry for all the precious lives lost. My heart aches for those little innocent kids and all the other victims.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Does anyone else think they put too much of this on the news? The news media makes a huge event out if it including info that always turns up innacturate.

It seems to me that borderline people might be more inclined to go over the edge and do such a horrific act if they thought the president was going to talk about it and they would cancel prime time TV shows to make a special.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't need 2 months of hashing over what movies the shooter went to, where he got the bullets and how he made his money.

And NO, I don't think this has anything to do with guns. NONE.

My heart goes out to the families. Bad enough to lose any family member but victims so young would be worse.

Our society is becoming evil and the fact they took God out of schools is a major influence (in my humble opinion).

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Does anyone else think they put too much of this on the news? The news media makes a huge event out if it including info that always turns up innacturate.

It seems to me that borderline people might be more inclined to go over the edge and do such a horrific act if they thought the president was going to talk about it and they would cancel prime time TV shows to make a special.

Maybe I am wrong but I don't need 2 months of hashing over what movies the shooter went to, where he got the bullets and how he made his money.

My heart goes out to the families. Bad enough to lose any family member but victims so young would be worse.

Our society is becoming evil and the fact they took God out of schools is a major influence (in my humble opinion).
I think you are 100 percent correct.

Sent via TapaTalk from a hunting blind near you. :)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

I was questioning why, at 8PM last night, one of the local stations was "staying on the air" with "continuing coverage" and then ABC was doing a special at 10PM. This has been horrid enough for those that are involved. Do we really need to make that much more of it by having every channel running a 24-hour news feed for it? As the general public, we have a right to know that the event occurred and where things 'stand' at a particular point in time. We do not have a right to know every intimate detail of every single family to the point that it borders on invasion of privacy.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I guess Morgan Freeman agrees too.

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
I was questioning why, at 8PM last night, one of the local stations was "staying on the air" with "continuing coverage" and then ABC was doing a special at 10PM. This has been horrid enough for those that are involved. Do we really need to make that much more of it by having every channel running a 24-hour news feed for it? As the general public, we have a right to know that the event occurred and where things 'stand' at a particular point in time. We do not have a right to know every intimate detail of every single family to the point that it borders on invasion of privacy.
Why are they airing so much of it? People are watching. Their ratings are boosted with these "special reports". Unfortunately too many people in our society like watching this 24hr crap. They can't get enough of it. It's dumb and I wish it wasn't that way. Young people watching this are going to think this is the norm. Some sick extremists will now think "Hey, this is a great idea. I'm going to shoot some innocent people and get myself on TV." And we'll sit back and watch it all....again.

Last night our local channel 5 decided to put Rudolph the reindeer movie on instead of airing more of the extra coverage of people crying and new SWAT tactics. That was brilliant.:thumbup1gif: Thank you Channel 5. (Not that I'm interested in Rudolph:lol:) My wife said they had posted on FB something to the effect that they didn't want to have youngster focusing on something so horrid when they should be enjoying the holidays.

My heart goes out to the families and the community where this tragedy happened.:empathy:

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
My daughter saw a drawing of someone asking God why He allowed this to happen in a school and why He didn't stop it.

God's reply was: I'm not allowed in schools anymore.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My daughter saw a drawing of someone asking God why He allowed this to happen in a school and why He didn't stop it.

God's reply was: I'm not allowed in schools anymore.
My family and I often talk about this very issue of God not being allowed anymore. You're considered sane and normal if you believe that evolution is in control and we all came from Monkeys, but crazy and a nut to believe that there is a God who is the Creator.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
After this morning, I quit watching the news and turned off the tv alltogether. I'm am tired of all the speculation by the media being reported as factual just to hear it being changed and yet again changed after that.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts