Green Tractor Talk banner

Preferred navigation of GTT ?...poll

• Check the weather thread and bail if its too hot, cold or raining?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Revert to #3 and take a nap after the purge?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm curious ;

How do you browse the GTT forum?

1 Go to the section that best fits your machine?
2 Randomly browse different sections till you find something of interest?
3 Eat a Baloney & pickle sandwhich in hopes of stealing the crown?
4 Check the weather thread and bail if its too hot, cold or raining?
5 Hit The "New Posts" icon to view all topics?
6 Revert to #3 and take a nap after the purge?
7 Hit the Whats New Icon?

I've been using the "new posts"...Is there a better preferred way?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I start out with the "What's New" button, unless I'm looking for something specific.
Yup . . . that is my approach . . . :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
21,157 Posts
I start out with my subscribed threads. I have it set where any thread I post in automatically goes into my subscribed threads list. So when I come here I hit the “quick links” menu - in the drop down then hit “subscribed threads” and see what is new there.

Then when done with that I hit the “today”s posts”.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
What's New button

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,680 Posts
I too start in my subscribed threads.

·
Administrator
20,283 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,329 Posts
Most of the time I just wander around aimlessly clicking on threads for no rational reason and then sometimes I'm not even
that focused. :thumbup1gif: :lol:

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I go to the notifications then once caught up, I hit the new post link. Now with the Tapatalk app on my phone Im mostly along for the ride. That gets goofy, but I tend to just use what works so it does the job also. I haven't even looked into the whole kin rewards deal yet. Rambling again. Ill stop for now

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Most of my time is spent on "Off topic", so no navigation is necessary.
Probably navigation preferences are heavily related to viewing via phone, tablet or PC. I'm PC Firefox based; I keep open tabs for SCUT, Implements, Hydraulics, Barns, Land Owners, and Home & Workshop subforums and occassionally will look at the New Forums & Forum Threads on the main forum page, but I'm pretty much like 2Lane. When I'm busy, I just look at GM and OT post topics.

·
Premium Member
10,692 Posts
Hit “What’s New”

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Hit "What's New?" first to browse, if I need to search for something I always have better luck using google to dive into the plethora of posts.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
My desktop link/shortcut/bookmark automatically goes to What's New/New Posts. And when Notifications show up, I check in there first, just to see who liked, PM, etc.

I remember when GTT/DeereTalk was not a popular as it is today and my daily goal was to read all the new posts and empty my new posts page. I was actually able to do it for a while, then I couldn't keep up any longer and only read what seems interesting to me.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I get an email with a link when anything new is posted in any thread I'm subscribed to so I check these links when I check my email. On the site I usually just check the New Posts button.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts