Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With everyone (12 family members, from, WA, TX, and Northern PA) coming for Thanksgiving we are finally getting after the last room we haven’t really touched since move in. ( well one of the last , gym room still needs equipment assembled)

It had this classy brass ceiling fan with wicker inserts and droopy blades. Some of the stuff on the house is high end and the you have this light that goes with nothing. And looks like it was picked up at restore.

We put in a light we ordered that fit the house. Topped it off with vintage spiral led which you can see ghosted in the image. They said the cords will straighten out in a couple of days. The ball weighs about 15 pounds, so it is a two person hang. The wife held the ball and base while I connected the wires and then got the nuts on the cover plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
We had that same ceiling fan in our bedroom, moved it there from the dining room about 25 years ago. We just replaced it with a more modern fan this summer. A tag on the fan showed it was from JC Penney and I'd guess it is from the '80s.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to check the base for a date, I didn’t think of that. The house is 10 yrs old but the fan was definitely older, it was the only brass accent in the house.

Reactions: SulleyBear

·
Premium Member
9,301 Posts
The ball weighs about 15 pounds, so it is a two person hang. The wife held the ball and base while I connected the wires and then got the nuts on the cover plate.
Looks good.........

sometimes, when working with big heavy balls, its a two person job and who better to handle the ball and the base than your wife...........:hide:

Seriously, its a great improvement, especially over your droopy fan blades........looks like they were on the Gator Blade design to create lift.....:laugh::lol:

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
That's the same fan that was in the dining room of my first house. I replaced it about the same time I took the big wallpaper mural off the wall.:banghead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts