Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for your thoughts. I have a chance to purchase a 2013 Gator 825i for around 6000. Seller says it has no issues except the parking brake doesn’t work. He’s replaced the timing belt and alternator. Otherwise, all is original. 4000 miles and about 850 hours. Does this seem like a fair deal? Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Check out tractorhouse.com for comparable pricing in your area

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you priced a new one from the dealer? Whenever purchasing used I try to compare cost to new. New comes with a warranty and knowledge of having no repair bills for 12 months. I looked around for awhile before buying new from local dealer. He knew I was looking and had an older model still in stock he was needing to move so offered it up at a great deal over MSRP. The parking brake could be a simple $1.50 spring or could require replacing the cable or more. I’m not sure what lifespan of the engine and drivetrain is considered normal before expensive repair or replacement is necessary.

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me it looks like the tires are factory (Bighorn) also it appears this Gator has power steering which is a big plus in my opinion.

I would offer the owner $5500.00 knowing you will need to repair the parking brake.
Much appreciated. I think I can get this Gator for 5500 or I could get a 2016 Kubota RTV500 with only 122 hours, roof, winch, and windshield for 6500. Choices...

·
Registered
361 Posts
In my opinion the Kubota is far to utilitarian for my needs.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The roof, front brush guard, winch, wheels, and if power steering, are way over $2K in options on new base model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts