Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I scored a SWEET pressure washer a week ago....but alas, snow season is here :good2: (I LOVE Winter...My favorite tractor attachment is my blower...wish I could blow snow year-round).... anywho, I had stored it in my garden shed with the intention of blowing compressed air thru it...I made an Air Chuck->Garden hose QD adaptor for my compressor which I use to blow air out of my hose reel, etc...
BUT my dad was saying I should just drag the pressure washer into the basement because I'll never get all the water out?

What do you guys do to winterize your Pressure Washers?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Personally, mine stays in a heated space. But, I would think that you could just run RV anti-freeze through it. What do you think?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RandyM said:
Personally, mine stays in a heated space. But, I would think that you could just run RV anti-freeze through it. What do you think?
Yeah, up home the shop is heated so i've never had to winterize ANYTHING...

I run mine out of fuel and also run RV antifreeze into it. Never had an issue.
Mines electric...220v....
Do you just let the pressure washer pull the RV Anti-Freeze? Or power it in there some how? I use the RV Anti Freeze in my sprayers as well...

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Back in the day, I made a 5 gallon bucket with a hose out the bottom. Its funny to think about now. I built it to winterize my boat.

So I fill the bucket with my antifreeze mix and hook everything up to the unit. I also have a pressurized water connection so I can choose to run on my gravity feed or my pressurized water. So I start by running on normal water through the garden hose. (I did that to warm up the boat engine, but it works to create suction in a PW) Then turn the valve and run off the antifreeze until its gone. simple.:empathy:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Run it out of fuel, store in heated space. Same for my water pump.

Pete

·
Registered
430 Posts
I use a 5 gal bucket and a Simmer pump with a hose connector outlet on it. Push the rv antifreeze through the camper lines, large trash pump and pressure washer. Four or five gallons is enough for all of them. I drain the crankcase for the pressure washer and outboard lower unit and refill with fresh oil.

In the winter months when equipment isn't used as much I do put the batteries for everything on a charger once a month, the batteries last alot longer since I started this a few years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts