Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed something more aggressive than a tow-behind de-thatcher and less aggressive than a landscape rake. The only other 3-point pine straw rake that I could find would have been about twice as much $$$ when shipping to my house is included. The Field Tuff rake came in a box on the UPS truck. It did have to be assembled, which was a minor PITA, but it's pretty high quality, nice materials, and so far has stood up to the difficult terrain in the wooded area of my property. My only complaint is that it's not quick-hitch compatible, so won't work with my iMatch. The distance between the lift arm brackets is 24.5 inches :thumbsdown:I think I can cobble something together with some 7/8 steel bent into a U-shape. The other problem is the weight. It's about 55 lbs, so I've added one, and will probably add a second 40 lb weight. It would have been nice if they had included a bracket for hanging suitcase weights.

Overall though...nice rake and very suitable for my tasks at about 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Coincidentally, I discovered a similar 5-foot pinestraw rake made by Titan Search results for: 'pine straw' . Naturally, it's now on sale for $245, free shipping. They also have a 6 foot version for $300. The design is pretty much identical to the Field Tuff rake, but I like the way the support clamps are slotted. Doesn't look like it would fit my iMatch any better.

Live and learn....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Coincidentally, I discovered a similar 5-foot pinestraw rake made by Titan Search results for: 'pine straw' . Naturally, it's now on sale for $245, free shipping. They also have a 6 foot version for $300. The design is pretty much identical to the Field Tuff rake, but I like the way the support clamps are slotted. Doesn't look like it would fit my iMatch any better.

Live and learn....

Looks like a copy of the EA 60", if so it should be QH compatible.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think all I did was oversize the bottom pin holes so the quick hitch hooks would fit between the frame of the rake and the pin. It was only about an 1/8th of an inch to tight to fit from the factory.

Its light enough to just pick it up and put in on the QH. The 80lbs of QH adds enough extra down pressure to get good dethatching. Also makes a good tool to prep the surface of the soil for seeding. For what it costs it's a nice tool to have.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything Attachments has a real nice pine straw rake.
Pine Straw Rakes | Pine Needle Rakes
It is nice, I've seen it. Honestly, I didn't think it was nice enough to command the more than $200 premium it would have cost me (rake + shipping) for the EA. IMHO, the 60 inch Titan looks pretty much the same as the EA at a much cheaper price.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It is nice, I've seen it. Honestly, I didn't think it was nice enough to command the more than $200 premium it would have cost me (rake + shipping) for the EA. IMHO, the 60 inch Titan looks pretty much the same as the EA at a much cheaper price.
That's exactly why I have a Titan rake.

Reactions: SRG

·
Registered
209 Posts
Everything Attachments has a real nice pine straw rake.
Pine Straw Rakes | Pine Needle Rakes
I recently ordered a Titan Attachments Pine Needle Rake and am very pleased with it. I also looked at EA, but found I couldn't get them to respond to questions and they were $500 + versus $270. I also heard some discussions on the poor quality of shipping. Mine came in a 1"x1" angle iron frame with all the materials (which were actually all there) securely attached inside. Just an FYI.:munch:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I made an error in not getting the Titan rake :banghead: . The Yard Tuff rake I bought is robust enough, and the tines are well-made and well-spaced, but the dimensions for 3-pt hitch on the thing make it unsuitable for a quick-hitch...it won't work with the iMatch (and it cost more than the Titan rake too). Too much of a PITA to pull the iMatch every time I needed the rake (which would defeat the purpose of the iMatch anyway), so I went this route...welded some 2x2 heavy square stock onto base of the vertical top link, and now I can just plug the sucker into the receiver hitch I have hooked up to the iMatch most of the time. Works great, was able to use some of the 2x2 square stock I've had sitting around for years.

Should have gone with the Titan :slap-yourself-emoti

Before:

After:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts