Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On tire chains for my 2320. Tested the blower (Farm King 50" rear-mount) out on the dusting of snow we got the other day and I am thinking I am going to need a set. Thanks in advance
jdfun

·
Registered
969 Posts
jdfun,
Do you have weight on the back of the tractor? If not I would go that path first. I have a new 1023E with a 54" blower and I plan to weight the tractor and not go for chains. I will be snowblowing on black top driveway. My JD dealer says chains are not necessary. In fact his opinion of no additional weight would be necessary. But I'm going for weght anyway. Previous experience with two wheel drive tractor says weight is the only answer.

·
Premium Member
17,408 Posts
jdfun,
Do you have weight on the back of the tractor? If not I would go that path first. My JD dealer says chains are not necessary. In fact his opinion of no additional weight would be necessary.
This must be the standard dealer **advice**. Mine told me the same thing about my 2720. No chains, no weights. HAH. I loaded all four wheels and I have 2-link chains on all four tires. Even with the couple inches of snow we got last week I was spinning my rear tires on the driveway slope. Dropping it into 4WD got things going again. I have a 54" blower on the front and a 60" blade on the rear. Granted I'm probably unloading the rear slightly when the blower is raised off the ground.

I've been plowing and blowing for a lot of years. You can pretty much never have too much weight or too much traction. :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
46,293 Posts
This must be the standard dealer **advice**. Mine told me the same thing about my 2720. No chains, no weights. HAH. I loaded all four wheels and I have 2-link chains on all four tires. Even with the couple inches of snow we got last week I was spinning my rear tires on the driveway slope. Dropping it into 4WD got things going again. I have a 54" blower on the front and a 60" blade on the rear. Granted I'm probably unloading the rear slightly when the blower is raised off the ground.

I've been plowing and blowing for a lot of years. You can pretty much never have too much weight or too much traction. :thumbup1gif:
I run rear chains year round and fronts when it's icy. Running too much weight in the rear will lessen the steering ability. I like to keep the same weight ratio front to back with my plow blade off the ground. On our property and location you ain't plowing snow without chains. These little lite tractors do not have enough traction without chains.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
On tire chains for my 2320. Tested the blower (Farm King 50" rear-mount) out on the dusting of snow we got the other day and I am thinking I am going to need a set. Thanks in advance
jdfun
Have you found a set?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.