Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks - I've got the green tractor fever. :greentractorride: I'm thinking the 1025 is the girl for me. We have between 5-6 acres to maintain and I've always wanted a backhoe. I had a 5305 4wd with a loader several years ago when we had more acreage. Sold it in 2007 when we moved out here to OK. Don't need anything that big now.

Got a quote from dealer for a 1025R FILB and 60" MMM for $21,748.

Tractor $19,249

MMM $2,499

Does this sound like a fair price?

I'm open to any and all advice and suggestions. Even though I've owned tractors before, it has been a while and I kinda feel a bit like a tractor noob again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Howdy folks - I've got the green tractor fever. :greentractorride: I'm thinking the 1025 is the girl for me. We have between 5-6 acres to maintain and I've always wanted a backhoe. I had a 5305 4wd with a loader several years ago when we had more acreage. Sold it in 2007 when we moved out here to OK. Don't need anything that big now.

Got a quote from dealer for a 1025R FILB and 60" MMM for $21,748.

Tractor $19,249

MMM $2,499

Does this sound like a fair price?

I'm open to any and all advice and suggestions. Even though I've owned tractors before, it has been a while and I kinda feel a bit like a tractor noob again.
I got my 1025r tlb for $18,995 and that was with the $500 implement bonus. Now I see they have a $1,250 bonus so it sounds like they are a grand to high.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I got my 1025r tlb for $18,995 and that was with the $500 implement bonus. Now I see they have a $1,250 bonus so it sounds like they are a grand to high.
I concur that JohnFromOKC can do better. Along with the $1250 implement bonus, he should also add the $500 drive green coupon (for attending a drive green event).

The general "rule of thumb" that I've seen on the forums is a 15-18% discount off MSRP, but I don't know if that includes freight or setup. MSRP is $ 22,681 for the TLB and $ 2,350 for the mower. If you figure in a 15% off MSRP discount, a target price should be around $ 19,526. Even adding an amount for freight ($400) and setup ($400) JohnFromOKC, you'd still have a target price of $ 20,326 ($ 1,422 lower than the current price).

Edited to add: JohnFromOKC, I see your current price for the 60" MMM is above MSRP. I'm not sure if you are including setup with that number, or maybe auto connect or changing the lift from mechanical to hydraulic or independent hydraulic lift. Be sure to be very specific on your configuration when you list a price. $2,499 is high for a mower with mechanical lift, but it's a great price for Auto-connect with Independent Hydraulic Lift.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
For my 1025r TLB with 60" MMM (auto connect & hydraulic lift) I was at $20,900 out the door. I did not have to pay tax as I was exempt.

At the time Deere was only offering $500 incentive.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edited to add: JohnFromOKC, I see your current price for the 60" MMM is above MSRP. I'm not sure if you are including setup with that number, or maybe auto connect or changing the lift from mechanical to hydraulic or independent hydraulic lift. Be sure to be very specific on your configuration when you list a price. $2,499 is high for a mower with mechanical lift, but it's a great price for Auto-connect with Independent Hydraulic Lift.
Here is the MMM copied from the bid:

JOHN DEERE 60D 7-Iron Mid Mount
Side Discharge Mower (For 1023E,
1025R, 1026R Tractors)

Sales guy says it's the drive on deck. I'm just now learning all this stuff. Thanks for the input!

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
All the mowers are drive over. The Auto-Connect is an option. It connects the driveshaft for you. It's a good option. The other option is hydraulic (independent) lift vs the standard mechanical lift. For most owners the mechanical lift is just fine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input so far guys! I've got an email in to the sales guy to determine the MMM details.

Anything esle I should be considering?

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
Thanks for the input so far guys! I've got an email in to the sales guy to determine the MMM details.

Do you have any rear implements? Do you plan on getting any? If the answer is yes, then I would consider an iMatch quick hitch and a ballast box. Your backhoe will be good ballast for loader operation, but you may want more flexibility offered by the 3ph to use other items like a ballast box for weight. It's your call, but it's easy to add it now to your package rather than buying it later.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have any rear implements? Do you plan on getting any? If the answer is yes, then I would consider an iMatch quick hitch and a ballast box. Your backhoe will be good ballast for loader operation, but you may want more flexibility offered by the 3ph to use other items like a ballast box for weight. It's your call, but it's easy to add it now to your package rather than buying it later.
All I currently have is a 4' box blade. What do the I-Match and Ballast Box typically cost? I do plan on getting a 4' brush cutter as well. Considering a tiller too, but don't want to break the bank. I do understand this is probably the best chance to get the best deal on new implements.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts

Wheel weights....you can run one 72 lb and two 50 lb weights per wheel. I like that the cast iron weights are heavier than filling the tires and are removable.

If you want the cast iron weights they will cost about $800 unless you can find them used. The 50lb are easy to find but the 72lb don't come up often used. They are about $370 and don't add much to financing when considering 0%.

As for the deck lift, I really like the independent electric over hydraulic lift. Once installed there is no messing with hoses and I like having the deck independent of the 3pt.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
IIRC both can be had between $250-300 each.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$2,499 is high for a mower with mechanical lift, but it's a great price for Auto-connect with Independent Hydraulic Lift.
Sales guy said it is the Auto-connect and that it is hydraulic lift. It lifts with the same lever that raises the 3-point hitch. Does “independent hydraulic lift” mean the deck can be lifted independent of the 3-point?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Sales guy said it is the Auto-connect and that it is hydraulic lift. It lifts with the same lever that raises the 3-point hitch. Does “independent hydraulic lift” mean the deck can be lifted independent of the 3-point?
Lifting "with the same lever that raises the 3-point hitch" is the mechanical lift.

There are three options

The mechanical lift tied to the 3 point hitch

the hydraulic lift which uses the loader SCV. Unplug the loader and plug the deck lift in the quick connect port

then the independent lift which uses its own valve with a switch the operator presses to raise the deck.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
The weights?
I know new the starters are north of $360 for the set
Sorry, I should've quoted was I was replying to. I was referencing the QH and BB.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lifting "with the same lever that raises the 3-point hitch" is the mechanical lift.

There are three options

The mechanical lift tied to the 3 point hitch

the hydraulic lift which uses the loader SCV. Unplug the loader and plug the deck lift in the quick connect port

then the independent lift which uses its own valve with a switch the operator presses to raise the deck.
Wow! I'm learning that I have a lot to learn!!

OK - so how does the price for the MMM look now? I like the idea of the independent lift with its own valve and control, but the mechanical lift seems ok too, except that maybe I would need to remove the MMM before using implements like a box blade, disc harrow or brush cutter?

What does the independent lift valve and switch typically add to the price?

BTW - my sales guy is young and inexperienced. He just started selling last November. Nice guy though - guess he and I will learn together, lol. :)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Wow! I'm learning that I have a lot to learn!!

OK - so how does the price for the MMM look now? I like the idea of the independent lift with its own valve and control, but the mechanical lift seems ok too, except that maybe I would need to remove the MMM before using implements like a box blade, disc harrow or brush cutter?

What does the independent lift valve and switch typically add to the price?

BTW - my sales guy is young and inexperienced. He just started selling last November. Nice guy though - guess he and I will learn together, lol. :)

With auto connect your MMM price looks ok, I got the hydraulic lift, option two initially and my 60 MMM with auto connect was $2679. I added the independent lift myself as it wasn't available when I bought my tractor.

I would imagine on a new machine to be be somewhere in the $400 for the independent lift on top of your MMM price but I am sure it could be negotiated.

It seems many dealers dealers are inexperienced with the options available for the 1 series.

·
Administrator
20,689 Posts
Anytime you are using your 3PH for heavy or dirt work, you'll want to remove your mower anyway. Anytime the loader is on (except for just transporting it), you'll also want to remove your mower. The quick disconnect feature of both the mower and loader makes it too easy to reconfigure the tractor for the task at hand. You also won't damage anything if it's not attached. For example if you're using the loader to move some dirt, you won't be paying attention to what you're ramming the mower into. Mowing with the loader installed would be cumbersome and you risk damaging your property (house, fencing, landscaping etc.) because it's so far out in front of the tractor. Plus your lawn would appreciate you not needlessly dragging all the extra weight around when mowing. You can leave a bunch of attachments on all at once, but I wouldn't recommend it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm learning a lot and I really appreciate the help from everyone. I went ahead and put my wish list in for a quote to see what prices came back. Here's the new package quote from the sales guy:

1025R FILB $18,887.83

JOHN DEERE 60D 7-Iron MMM $2499

Frontier RC2048 Lift-Type Rotary Cutter $1425

Frontier DH1048 - 4 Ft. Disk Harrow
with 12 Blades on 7.5 In. Spacing - $1199

Frontier RT1149 - 49 In. Standard Duty Rotary Tiller - $2099

iMatch - $361.08

Ballast Box - $277.75

All in all seems a bit high judging by the input here. He did drop the tractor by about $361. What do you guys think?

I have not begun to haggle with them yet - still researching and learning.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts