·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Guess I’ll tell the girls to savor what they have left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Uh, oh. My 2-1/2 year old grandson is currently enrolled in potty training and the reward for success is a marshmallow. This could get ugly.

·
Registered
536 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:

Produced by FakeNews of America

:lol::lol::lol:

They sure have a lots of imagination :good2:

·
Premium Member
9,130 Posts
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Now that is funny right there.

Even funnier, I'll bet we can find a politician that will add funding to the farm bill to cover this catastrophe.

·
Premium Member
9,130 Posts
I wonder if the jelly bean crop will be affected in a similar fashion?
I don't think they can grow jelly beans in North Carolina. They usually grow them in similar climates as grapes. But the big vineyards HATE them and will try and ruin the crop.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just hope that the trees on my money tree farm begin to bud and can be harvested this year. As you know, prevailing winds can become a problem for money trees. It seems to blow the money off the trees and start to line the pockets of corrupt politicians, lawyers, doctors, and of course, the IRS.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I don't think they can grow jelly beans in North Carolina. They usually grow them in similar climates as grapes. But the big vineyards HATE them and will try and ruin the crop.
So, just to be clear, it's not my soil :dunno: that's what the SOB next door tells me every year, but his grapes seem to do just fine. :banghead::lol:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Was watching it and wife said "I did not know they grew them on trees??" LOL.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I had a heck of a time with my marshmallow trees last year. Every time they were ready to pick the neighborhood kids would have a big bonfire. Next day, no marshmallows. I fixed them this year, less water and no fertilizer. Now we have mini marshmallows
:good2:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
We don't have any trees of our own, but our neighbors have plenty. So they let us come down and pick what we want. The minis are too hard to pick for me. :nunu:
The hybrids are the best, but I don't have any pictures and the harvest is just got over here. :banghead:

I'll try and remember to do that next year. :good2:

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Due to a poor marshmallow crop this year.

Ridiculous! They don't have to take a total loss; my Grandfather raised marshmallows for 40 years. When he had a year like that, he was always able to recoup his losses. His orchard was fenced; he would simply buy a couple hundred young pigs and turn them into the orchard. They would clean up the marshmallows, gain a lot of weight and he would make a profit! They also cleaned up the weeds and grass between the trees, aerated the soil and left a modicum of fertilizer to enhance next year's crop.

He also used that method the year his wheat field burned just at harvest time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts