Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a price quote from my dealer and I thought they were high 740r 60" $8900. and 915e $8800. They have been a good dealer for me but they are now part of a conglomerate and I wonder if they can't deal like before. (land pro equipment) Anyone buy one of these lately? Frankly I was surprised the 915E was cheaper. The 740 has a 4 year 1000 warranty and kawasaki motor. any advise would be appreciated. Tell wife I'm looking at a zero turn, she says. "you getting rid of your tractor, 1025r. I say well no.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would take the Z915e in a heartbeat. It has the 7iron deck and bigger/better hydros. 25 hp Kohler V-twin. You should pay about $8,400.00 not $8,800.00

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
I'd also go with the Z915.
Tell wife I'm looking at a zero turn, she says. "you getting rid of your tractor, 1025r. I say well no.
You are buying a zero turn for her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,right. (y) :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,033 Posts

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I would ask if they will let you do a demo of the two machines at the house. Well maybe more so the Z915E.

There are places where each have their pros and cons. No two yards are the same so which machine is best will likely come down to that.

I have a X585 and was looking at getting a X739 and would keep the X585 for FEL work. Well the more I looked at my use and the yard it made more sense to get a Z950R. My yard is pretty smooth, not too maybe tricky hills and lots of trees. While a X739 would have done a better job around the trees than my X585, the Z950R is much faster than what the X739 is. So in my case I went with the ZTR. Though the problem with it is I brought it home, my wife looked at it, then asked... Where is the steering wheel? I am not driving that thing... 5 years later... She has never sat on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would ask if they will let you do a demo of the two machines at the house. Well maybe more so the Z915E.

There are places where each have their pros and cons. No two yards are the same so which machine is best will likely come down to that.

I have a X585 and was looking at getting a X739 and would keep the X585 for FEL work. Well the more I looked at my use and the yard it made more sense to get a Z950R. My yard is pretty smooth, not too maybe tricky hills and lots of trees. While a X739 would have done a better job around the trees than my X585, the Z950R is much faster than what the X739 is. So in my case I went with the ZTR. Though the problem with it is I brought it home, my wife looked at it, then asked... Where is the steering wheel? I am not driving that thing... 5 years later... She has never sat on it.
41 years my wife has never sat on anything that mows grass, Ha, I'm just as glad, she calls it lawnmower therapy. (and it is)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would take the Z915e in a heartbeat. It has the 7iron deck and bigger/better hydros. 25 hp Kohler V-twin. You should pay about $8,400.00 not $8,800.00
Thanks, I'm leaning that way, although warranty on 740 is 4 years 1000 hours. I'm not sure of the 915 warranty.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Thanks, I'm leaning that way, although warranty on 740 is 4 years 1000 hours. I'm not sure of the 915 warranty.
36mo/1200hrs on the Z915E. So a little worse and a little better. Though for homeowner use, it would probably be tough to hit the hr limit on the warranty.

The Z9xxR has a little better warranty at 36/1500 but in the same way, you will likely run out of age vs hrs. I think I had a little over 200 hrs on it when the warranty expired based on purchase date. I did have one warranty claim. My PTO was kind of flakey. This is a known issue with it being a bad PTO Switch with my generation. They replaced the PTO clutch, that didn't fix the issue and then they did the switch. My PTO Switch again failed out of warranty and I replaced it with the newer rocker style and haven't had any issues. I suspect it was the switch all along, I never asked why they replaced the clutch but it was covered so I didn't care that much other than maybe a bit more down time. I probably could have gotten a loaner if it was a big deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts