Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to my JD dealer to get a price on a new X590 with a 48 inch deck. Well after he checked their inventory (Agi Pro) they didnt have any . So he called somebody and apparently their not offering the 48 inch deck in 2019. The out the door price for the 54 inch was 8005.00 which I think is fair. Seems like he gave me some off list price. It will be a couple of months before I can pull the trigger. Agi Pro corporate head quarters is here, I didn't know to that some locals own it salesman told me their was four owners never knew that.

Im 52 and never owned a new mower only bought one new car in my time just sold it after 14 years. Ive tinkered with mowers since grade school and occasionally Ill run up on a rider to fix up and flip. I sold a 2006 CC with 46 hours on it in 17 hours of being listed on Craigslist. It was for a friend a retired mechanic who doesn't do the internet.

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Went down to my JD dealer to get a price on a new X590 with a 48 inch deck. Well after he checked their inventory (Agi Pro) they didnt have any . So he called somebody and apparently their not offering the 48 inch deck in 2019. The out the door price for the 54 inch was 8005.00 which I think is fair. Seems like he gave me some off list price. It will be a couple of months before I can pull the trigger. Agi Pro corporate head quarters is here, I didn't know to that some locals own it salesman told me their was four owners never knew that.
According to the JD website. the list price for the X590/54" deck is $8099.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
I am thinking that since you have experience with working on lawn tractors maybe you would be better served with finding a good deal on a used X series mower. That is if money is a big concern.

Buying new is great - warranty and financing. I don’t know if they offer 0% 60 months on the X series like the compacts. If not a used one looks better.

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
I am thinking that since you have experience with working on lawn tractors maybe you would be better served with finding a good deal on a used X series mower. That is if money is a big concern.

Buying new is great - warranty and financing. I don’t know if they offer 0% 60 months on the X series like the compacts. If not a used one looks better.
That's probably true. Given the X590 has a computer controlled EFI engine, I doubt many folks are tinkering with the engine themselves. From previous posts it sounds like when the "Check Engine Light" illuminates it means a call to the dealer.

Chassis and mower deck work would be the same as other tractors though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I though about a used one, I saw a 710 with 311 hours for 6500.00 I think it was a 13 model. But I just like having the warranty. I plan on paying for half and fiance the other half with my credit union. I would nt mind a good used one that had at least 3 years left on the warranty but haven't seen one yet that is close enough to me. I saw one on Craigslist about two months ago above Atlanta for 6500 that had a lot of warranty left timing just wasn't right for me. The 710 would be my next choice BTW thats why I mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
8,795 Posts
Deere will start their spring promotions soon so the timing of getting a tractor in a few months might work out well for you. Deere usually offers some of the L & G tractors with some sort of special financing at low or no interest rates.

Your credit union's best interest rate is likely to be at a much higher rate than Deere's rate will be for their new machines in the spring and summer. Deere is offering $500 off the x5xx series and special financing for the month of February, certainly they will have a new special program when this special offer expires

X500 Select Series Tractors for sale | John Deere US

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Im 52 and never owned a new mower only bought one new car in my time just sold it after 14 years. Ive tinkered with mowers since grade school and occasionally Ill run up on a rider to fix up and flip. I sold a 2006 CC with 46 hours on it in 17 hours of being listed on Craigslist. It was for a friend a retired mechanic who doesn't do the internet.
The dealer is full of Horse excrement!!!!

There Just trying to Make Max Profit On the X590 at the Price they sell it to You or they Have a 54inch deck in stock they want to get ride of

The X584 and X590 come from the Factory Less Deck Just Looked that Up at the 07 January 2019 as I am trying to Help a Member On another Forum Get a X590 with a 42inch deck from His dealer In Mississippi I was Up at My dealer Taking Pictures of a 42inch deck Mounted On a X590 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I agree %100 with the sarge. My dealer never questioned the 48" deck I wanted and specifically told me you could put almost any size deck on the X500 series. I don't know what that means other than sales speak, but the 48" deck should be no issue at all.

If you want I'm probably going to upgrade, so if you're near MA I'll sell you my 580 w/ 50hrs, power sleeve hitch, 48" deck, 48" front blade, blade, 30" tiller, rake, rear blade, aerator, 48" roller for $8200. I bought it this past spring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with finding a used X500 series. Keep in mind the warranty transfers with it even if you buy it used. I bought my X570 with blower, 48” Accel deck, wheel chains and weights and only 9 hours on it and I bought it very fair.
Blower was never used. I have since put a two bag system on it with the help of joe here on the site. I did have an issue with some seals on the transaxle and they fixed it under warranty. It is surging at idle so will be heading back to get checked before we get more snow. Mine is a 2016 with 32 hours and I have no doubt you will love the X590. I am considering an upgrade to the X580 or X590 for the power steering and hydraulic lift. Prefer the X580 for the carb as I don’t want to take it back after the warranty for the EFI. Not sure where your located but if you see something in upstate NY I would be glad to go get you pictures of it and check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
48 is still available to buy. Now a 42 is not available through Deere, only through a dealer that's willing to mess with that. They can be ordered without a deck if you requested that. Otherwise they all come shipped with decks attached.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feed back. My dealer doesn't keep any of the bigger ones in stock they had one 570 on the floor the ones outside that were lined up are like the 350 's . I didnt see the price break down he figured but I played with some numbers and I think it was less than 7899.00, we are 7% sales tax here. That would have put it out the door at 8351.93. I saw I thought looking up 2019 X590 on the net and it didnt show a 48 in the ad just the 54. They have 70 stores in their net work you would think they'd have a 48 that maybe didnt sale last year.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
48 is still available to buy. Now a 42 is not available through Deere, only through a dealer that's willing to mess with that. They can be ordered without a deck if you requested that. Otherwise they all come shipped with decks attached.
No they do Not come with decks attached On the X584 and X590 Unless You request them with a deck. Now the X570 and X580 are shipped with decks

What is Ordered In to Have a 42inch Deck On a X590. A X590 is ordered Less deck and You Order In a 42inch deck and It Mounts right on There is No messing with it. Mounts in the exact same Location as the 48 or 54inch no special Parts needed to Be order Nothing changes other then the 42inch Mounts with removable rear Pins a Instead of a Mowing deck Mounted Pins:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will check in to that thanks for the pics, Ill go back and school them on what I learned on here.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another option is if the dealer has another unit ie x570,584,380,390 etc with a 48 that they'll swap out for you. Some dealers will but some won't. Don't bother with a 42 on a x590. Plus from the pictures I see there are some very close clearance going on that don't look all that great. Just because it'll bolt up doesn't mean it's right sorry. And I called a few dealers and they all said it's a option to order a x590 without a deck. Not the other way around. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Another option is if the dealer has another unit ie x570,584,380,390 etc with a 48 that they'll swap out for you. Some dealers will but some won't. Don't bother with a 42 on a x590. Plus from the pictures I see there are some very close clearance going on that don't look all that great. Just because it'll bolt up doesn't mean it's right sorry. And I called a few dealers and they all said it's a option to order a x590 without a deck. Not the other way around. Good luck
No clearance issues Ran the X590 with the 42inch deck. It Just Hard to tell In the Pictures Front tires Clear deck turning all the way to the right or Left. There Is No Rubbing of any kind. doesn't Interfere with the Diff/lock Pedal as the very first generation back In 2006 did Deere Updated the 42inch deck In 2008

Well I know what it shows In the system that the X584 and X590 ship less deck The dealers have the Option of Choosing a deck to be added to what is shipped Out from the Yards

X540 and a X590 are Basically the same tractor Deere Never advertised the 42inch deck for the Previous generation of X500 series either But Deere Made Maintenance Reminder sheets anyways. Because some People do want a 42inch deck On the X500 series. So guess that means it doesn't mean it wrong either to have a 42inch deck On a X500 series

My dealers has 3 different cemeteries that Buy X500 series tractor with 42inch decks specifically the Previous X534 and the Current X584

The OP wants a 48inch deck and not a 42inch deck wasn't even suggesting he get one.

My point Being that dealers don't make a lot of money On new tractors and by telling a customer it only come with a 54inch deck. That does Increase the percentage they Make from Deere On a X590 it's really not that much of a difference from a X590 with a 48inch deck. But they may figure were going to sell this many X590 will just tell the customer they only come with a 54inch deck Because they may want that Percentage from Deere to equal X this for the Year Because having 70 dealerships is a Lot of employees to Pay.

If there Gold Star dealers They have to purchase so much a Month from Deere to keep that Rating and they probably won't sell as much as Deere wants them to buy & sell

Deere Machine come on consignment to the dealer as well. The dealers usually have 10 months to sell or they have to buy the Tractors from Deere( at the dealers Rate which is considerably lower than MSRP) But still a lot of Money to shuck out to Deere if they don't sell what's on consignment in those 10 months :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
We order our X590s with 54 decks. Some of our stores order them naked and have a stock of decks to install depending on what a customer wants. At my dealership I have never seen a naked X590. If we need one with other than a 54 we just transfer one in from another store.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
No clearance issues Ran the X590 with the 42inch deck. It Just Hard to tell In the Pictures Front tires Clear deck turning all the way to the right or Left. There Is No Rubbing of any kind. doesn't Interfere with the Diff/lock Pedal as the very first generation back In 2006 did Deere Updated the 42inch deck In 2008

Well I know what it shows In the system that the X584 and X590 ship less deck The dealers have the Option of Choosing a deck to be added to what is shipped Out from the Yards

X540 and a X590 are Basically the same tractor Deere Never advertised the 42inch deck for the Previous generation of X500 series either But Deere Made Maintenance Reminder sheets anyways. Because some People do want a 42inch deck On the X500 series. So guess that means it doesn't mean it wrong either to have a 42inch deck On a X500 series

My dealers has 3 different cemeteries that Buy X500 series tractor with 42inch decks specifically the Previous X534 and the Current X584

The OP wants a 48inch deck and not a 42inch deck wasn't even suggesting he get one.

My point Being that dealers don't make a lot of money On new tractors and by telling a customer it only come with a 54inch deck. That does Increase the percentage they Make from Deere On a X590 it's really not that much of a difference from a X590 with a 48inch deck. But they may figure were going to sell this many X590 will just tell the customer they only come with a 54inch deck Because they may want that Percentage from Deere to equal X this for the Year Because having 70 dealerships is a Lot of employees to Pay.

If there Gold Star dealers They have to purchase so much a Month from Deere to keep that Rating and they probably won't sell as much as Deere wants them to buy & sell

Deere Machine come on consignment to the dealer as well. The dealers usually have 10 months to sell or they have to buy the Tractors from Deere( at the dealers Rate which is considerably lower than MSRP) But still a lot of Money to shuck out to Deere if they don't sell what's on consignment in those 10 months :bigthumb:
FYI.. No more Gold Star rating.. Now called Dealers Of Tomorrow. Dealers now operate on tiers. They estimate how many they will sell of any given category. Lets say commercial Z turns. So they say we can sell xxx Z turns. Lets say thats a tier 1. With every sale we get a kick back based on tier level. At the end of the year if we miss the estimated sales, Deere takes their money back that they have been paying all year. BTW Deere's year ends Oct 31.
Small lawn and garden we just buy outright from Deere. That way we dont pay Deere on aged units. Larger AG stuff has many more plans. But once it ages out we just buy it after depreciation and we are free to do with it as we see fit.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
FYI.. No more Gold Star rating.. Now called Dealers Of Tomorrow. Dealers now operate on tiers. They estimate how many they will sell of any given category. Lets say commercial Z turns. So they say we can sell xxx Z turns. Lets say thats a tier 1. With every sale we get a kick back based on tier level. At the end of the year if we miss the estimated sales, Deere takes their money back that they have been paying all year. BTW Deere's year ends Oct 31.
Small lawn and garden we just buy outright from Deere. That way we dont pay Deere on aged units. Larger AG stuff has many more plans. But once it ages out we just buy it after depreciation and we are free to do with it as we see fit.

Yeah I couldn't remember what Deere changed the Gold star to :bigthumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
2017 x580

Well this past week I was getting ready to fill out the JD credit app to go ahead and get a mower. I had decided to go with a x580 since it would come in alittle less than a 590. I happen to search Facebook for a x580 and low and behold one came up about three hours from me. I made a deal with the owner and just picked it up alittle while ago.
He met me half way so it was a easy drive. Its the x580 with the 54 inch deck with only 6.6 hours. I got it for 4500.00. I know I was after a 48 inch deck but for the price of this one the 54 will do. He said that he had bought it for his mother to use but she fell in bad health and couldnt operate it. He said that he had a zero turn and didnt need it. I needs a detailing over all its clean hadn't noticed any scratches on either. He all so going to send me the original bill of sale. He never said what he paid for it. First thing Monday after I get off my part time job Im going to the JD dealer to get my name switched over for the warranty.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That's got to be one of the best buys I've seen in a long time. You'll fall in love with the 580. In the future I would suggest the power integral sleeve hitch and a blower or 48" blade. Let the fun begin and good luck.:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts