Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1947 Long Hood John Deere B that I am looking to sell and was wondering what it is worth. It needs some TLC as it turns over but has no spark. Needs tires and a good clean up but I think all the parts are there. George white tag is stamped 1946 but serial # makes it a 1947. Has a pan seat so it would be an early 1947. Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
568 Posts
a b in decent running shape in my area sell for 2k or less :greentractorride:

for example https://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/6151598993.html the old iron just aint worth much mostly used as parade show tractors as new ones are much more capable for working 16hp and 5mph just dont cut it today.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Was just at an auction in Oct 2016 that had a B that had just gotten its cylinder head redone and needed some parts to make it run. Sold for $600.00.

FWIW,

BaconFarms

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mag had no spark so I set up a little test stand to help me find the problem. Cleaned every thing up, new plugs, points and condenser and got a real good spark now.

Image1.jpg
~8512717.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a chance to pressure wash the old girl.

IMG_0515.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG

And after almost 30 years of silent, got the old B poppin again.

·
Registered
568 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some pics of the B being loaded onto the trailer, tractor just fits between the trailer fenders.

~7859788.jpg
Image10.jpg
Image2.jpg

·
Registered
161 Posts
There's one near me for sale that looks show ready for 1500......if I had the extra cash right now, it'd be mine. I have mowed a lot of grass with one of those and love it....opening compression releases, spinning the flywheel to start....it's as cool as it gets! I'll have one before too long!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stopped by new owner’s place last night and didn’t recognize the old B.

IMG_0013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts