Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to think that everything serves a purpose in the world, but how does this little guy contribute to society other than producing misery?

1.png

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I like to think that everything serves a purpose in the world, but how does this little guy contribute to society other than producing misery?

View attachment 698278
That plant will throw roots into soil that no other plant can grow in,,
after a couple years,, the soil is converted to loam that will support other types of plants,,

To help it get established,, that plant needs to protect itself the first few seasons,,

I have some barren soil from a logging operation,, the top soil washed away.
nothing will grow there ,,, except Canadian Thistle.

I have Thistle plants that are 7 feet tall, and have hundreds of purple flowers per plant.

The Thistle is welcome,, until other plants can take root,, :good2:

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
If you want some more

That plant will throw roots into soil that no other plant can grow in,,
after a couple years,, the soil is converted to loam that will support other types of plants,,

To help it get established,, that plant needs to protect itself the first few seasons,,

I have some barren soil from a logging operation,, the top soil washed away.
nothing will grow there ,,, except Canadian Thistle.

I have Thistle plants that are 7 feet tall, and have hundreds of purple flowers per plant.

The Thistle is welcome,, until other plants can take root,, :good2:
You are welcome to any and all of it that's in our pastures. If I see it, a little 2,4,d or Roundup with a good sticker works well.

I believe that it will grow where nothing else will but it will also grow in good soil.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
83 Posts
What about puncture vine, goatheads? That's what I have here. They like to flatten tires.
th.jpg '
th.jpg

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts