Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Pro MoJack on a x700 series. I have a X739 w/54"HC deck. The jack will lift 750lbs. I want to use to change blades and clean deck.

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
The specs on your machine rate it as 1044 lbs (without the deck) so no, it would not safely lift your mower.
The MoJack only has to lift the front end of the tractor, not the entire weight of the machine. The MoJack Pro can lift 750 lbs. If in doubt, contact MoJack customer support and they should be able to confirm whether your X700 is compatible with the Pro model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember its only lifting the front. Not all the weight.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Ahhhhh, now I went and googled that jack. As a mechanic by trade, I cant say Id feel comfortable working underneath that with some sort of additional jackstands, but it does look convenient. Sorry for my initial post without researching the product you mentioned but, Id still feel more comfortable with a safety device that can handle the total weight of what I'm lifting.
Perhaps I'm being overly cautious but, I haven't gotten squished by a vehicle yet. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
Ahhhhh, now I went and googled that jack. As a mechanic by trade, I cant say Id feel comfortable working underneath that with some sort of additional jackstands, but it does look convenient. Sorry for my initial post without researching the product you mentioned but, Id still feel more comfortable with a safety device that can handle the total weight of what I'm lifting.
Perhaps I'm being overly cautious but, I haven't gotten squished by a vehicle yet. :laugh:
The MoJack and most other mower lifts have a positive metal-pin engagement lock that engages once the mower is at work height. That way you aren't relying on the lift mechanism alone to support the tractor while you are working under it. I have a smaller MoJack for my X500 and the little lock lever is very positive. On the Pro model you have the machine supported by the winch mechanism in addition to the ratcheting lock stops.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The MoJack only has to lift the front end of the tractor, not the entire weight of the machine. The MoJack Pro can lift 750 lbs. If in doubt, contact MoJack customer support and they should be able to confirm whether your X700 is compatible with the Pro model.
Someone from myJack on My/tractor forum said the weight was ok but there jack was made for 17" Front tires and the X700 are 18'. I wanted to know if anyone was using one on the x700's
John

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
rated 1500 lbs.

But unlike a MoJack, this type of mechanism has nothing to backup the cable. If the cable or hook fails the load will fall.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I bought the Harbor Freight Fisher lift (twice the price of their cheap lift) and lifts my x485 with ease.

Attachments

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
13,115 Posts
I bought the Harbor Freight Fisher lift (twice the price of their cheap lift) and lifts my x485 with ease.
Thank you for the photos. The issue with the MoJack Pro is not the weight capacity, as the OP reminded us it is the front tire diameter. The MoJack specifications says it only handles up to a 17" tire. Since the tire gets secured with a strap I doubt a 18" tire would fit much different than a 17" tire but those are the specifications.

I checked the manual for the HF lift and it doesn't give any information on the size capacity of the front yokes. But, as we can see in your photos it seems to handle the 18" tires of your X485 just fine. In fact, you don't even have the rod in the largest tire size hole.

Does the HF lift have a safety strap that goes over the front tires like the MoJacks do?

Perhaps the OP should give the HF lift a look. It is 1/2 the price of the MoJack and has the same 750 lb. capacity.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I have a Mojo rated for 300 lb for my zero turn. Once it is lifted to the desired high, there is a safety pin that is inserted so that it in itself is like jack stands. I feel very comfortable while working under it.

That said, the 750 lb. pro model should be more than adequate to support your tractor safely. What you are looking at is much more heavy duty than mine.

I have never worried about the wheels coming out of the cradles. You simply drive the tractor onto the cradles and put it in neutral, and it will pull the tractor forward as you slowly crank it up. As far as tire size, you can always let some air out if necessary.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Thank you for the photos. The issue with the MoJack Pro is not the weight capacity, as the OP reminded us it is the front tire diameter. The MoJack specifications says it only handles up to a 17" tire. Since the tire gets secured with a strap I doubt a 18" tire would fit much different than a 17" tire but those are the specifications.

I checked the manual for the HF lift and it doesn't give any information on the size capacity of the front yokes. But, as we can see in your photos it seems to handle the 18" tires of your X485 just fine. In fact, you don't even have the rod in the largest tire size hole.

Does the HF lift have a safety strap that goes over the front tires like the MoJacks do?

Perhaps the OP should give the HF lift a look. It is 1/2 the price of the MoJack and has the same 750 lb. capacity.
No tire straps that I remember. There are two latches that lock at three heights.

One thing I found, release the transaxle so the rear tires roll as you jack up or lower the tractor. If you do not, the jack slides (or tries to) to stay centered under the front tires.

Pictures are about 2/3 of full lift height.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts