Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3039R with a bucket and a brush hog. It resides in Northern Wisconsin where currently we have four feet of snow on the ground with another 6" forecast for today. Currently I have a service clear my snow. They use a front end loader as a plow would just push the snow and eventually run out of where to push it.

I was thinking of a blower for the tractor. I understand there is a rear blower available. The problem with that is that my old body just doesn't turn very well in the seat. A prolonged operation turned around would be a no go.

JD front blowers seem to be a lot of $$$$$. Any suggestions for a reasonable priced front blower?

TIA, Joe

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I thought about a blower for the front of my 3046 until they told me about $5000.00 for the set up.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
432 Posts
You're right. Would have to be hydro powered. Brain fart.:hide:

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Problem with that set-up is setting up a PTO to run the blower. That adapter is just a mount.

Just my 2 cents.
That set up is for a hydraulic Pump set up out back on the TPH , or a 3rd function to run the blower off the hydro. All would be $$
Maybe a "snow bucket" ( deeper and for light materials) might get it done and push back the snow banks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Front mounted blowers are expensive, but worth the convenience in my opinion. I haven't priced one, but I imagine a loader mounted unit would be even more since you are also adding a hydraulic power pack.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
How about just getting a nice used garden tractor with blower instead of outfitting the CUT with one? Probably get an older 345, 4x5, something similar for $3000 or less. They are certainly capable of moving a lot of snow. More maneuverable too.

Rob

Reactions: Kennyd
1 - 9 of 9 Posts