Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gator - 4X2 has problem with power lift of Cargo Box. Will Lift, but now Lower. Anyone out there that has had this problem? We replaced a relay, thought was problem, but not.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,360 Posts
What model, CT Gator?
What year?

Welcome to GTT

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gator - 4X2 has problem with power lift of Cargo Box. Will Lift, but now Lower. Anyone out there that has had this problem? We replaced a relay, thought was problem, but not.
I have a PDF of the 4x2 tech manual, the electrical section has a fair amount of troubleshooting on the lift in it
message me your email if wanted

Joe

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a PDF of the 4x2 tech manual, the electrical section has a fair amount of troubleshooting on the lift in it
message me your email if wanted

Joe
PLEASE - [email protected]

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I have had this problem twice with my 825I Gator bed. I do not know if your Gator bed lifts the same way mine does.
The thread link below gives information on how I was able to repair mine at no cost. I hope it will work for you.

Dump Bed Problem

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dump beds typically have two relays. One for up, and one for down. You say you replaced "a" relay. Are you positive you replaced the down relay?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on the way
Dump beds typically have two relays. One for up, and one for down. You say you replaced "a" relay. Are you positive you replaced the down relay?
When we pushed the "up" button, we hear, felt sound from one - from the "down" button, there was nothing, so we assumed the one with no sound was the "Down" and Bad. Now it appears I have Two Good Relays for either "up" or "down" did not fix problem.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The next things I would check is the switch and then wiring continuity. You could just simply pull the switch and swap the wires from the up side to the down side and see what happens. BTW, I just went through these diagnostic maneuvers within the past month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts