Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what might be the cause of the hydraulic connection not seating into the female connection. Two of my four connections will not engage into the female hookups. The othe two work just fine in all of the female connectors. Just thes two will not completely engage in any of the females hookups. First time having this issue. Thank in advance for your help.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Your lines may have some pressure built up in them.

Try wrapping the end of the problem connectors in a rag and pressing them against a solid surface hard enough to push the ball tip on the connector in. You should get a small amount of fluid oozing out. If you have pressure you'll get a sudden rush of an ounce or two of fluid. (which is why you want to wrap it in a rag!) Once you've done that, try reconnecting as usual and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Make sure both ends of the connectors are absolutely clean, inside and out. Give them a shot of WD and blow clean with air. A small bit of dirt or sand and they sometimes won’t seat. Additionally members here have occasionally reported that these connectors go bad, the internal o rings, springs, etc. sometimes they just need to be replaced.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Your lines may have some pressure built up in them.

Try wrapping the end of the problem connectors in a rag and pressing them against a solid surface hard enough to push the ball tip on the connector in. You should get a small amount of fluid oozing out. If you have pressure you'll get a sudden rush of an ounce or two of fluid. (which is why you want to wrap it in a rag!) Once you've done that, try reconnecting as usual and see what happens.
X2 :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I noticed on my 1023e that the colored rubber caps used to protect from dirt have a small rubber protrusion that restricted the sleeve from pushing back all the way to receive the male connector. I cut it off and it did help.
s-l1600.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts