Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, All!!!

We returned yesterday from the farm, where we had a great Thanksgiving, a couple of robust outdoor fires, and an overall great time.

One of the long delayed projects was completed: installation of the Twist Lock Grab hook and Forest Hook on my 5/16" grade 70 chain. I briefly lost the spring from the twist lock hook bolt , but got low to the ground and was able to spy the fugitive spring with my corrected vision eyes. Aligning the roll pins on the forest hook was a bit of a rodeo with one good hand, but I managed.

After installing the new hooks on the chain, I did a test pull using my Honda 500 ATV. I found a couple logs mostly rotted, so I tossed them over a ledge to let them finish rotting on the ground. I'm looking forward to pulling some stumps and dragging some logs next spring.

I heartily endorse the twist lock grab hook. Anyone who has hooked a stump, log, or brush bundle to pull using conventional chain hooks, only to have the hooks jar free and have to drive the "loop of shame" to re-orient the chain and hook (not at all unlike the heartbreak of psoriasis), will benefit from the rotating plate that keeps the chain hook engaged at all times.

I also want to than KennyD for the honesty of his company. Shipping costs for my new hooks was estimated at $12.00, but was actually half of that, $6.00. I was refunded the difference.

I'll continue to scour the website from time to time to see the other hook and timber gadgets to make my life on the farm easier.

Thanks again, KennyD, for a great product and your company's honesty,

Brian

·
Registered
396 Posts
I used my hooks again today on a very delicate job removing a large, awkwardly balanced 450lb snow pusher from my truck bed. Kenny's hooks & chains made it go smooth as butter.

When you need these hooks, you really need them!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I bought a set of his locking hooks and they are the bomb. The forestry hook looks like it would work very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts