Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted a cabin at my picnic ground at the farm for a long time, but didn't feel right doing anything until the farm was my property. Mom wouldn't have cared what I did out there, but it didn't seem like the thing to do until she passed. I inherited the 140 acre farm, 30 miles from home two years ago. Now that the CRP is seeded, I know I have the money in the farm account to buy the building I want & finish it the way I want it.

So, today I marked off the spot for a 12 x 24' portable building & used the 790 w/300 loader to clear the sod: Farm 2017 023.JPG Farm 2017 024.JPG

Next is to get a load of base gravel (3/4" & down) hauled out there to set it on. Then order the building, One similar to this: Derksen_0032_Treated_Lofted_Barn_Cabin.jpg Only with a hunter green roof. I'll need to extend the front porch out a couple feet & add a window that isn't in their options, but that's not a problem for me.

This will be a bit of a long drawn out project, but I'll keep adding updates!

·
Registered
12,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I will be watching also, this is exactly what I was describing to the wife on our farm

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Nice project !!! :munch::munch::munch:

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Nice setting and good looking building. Me and Jeff Taylor will serve as "special inspectors" to do the required inspections for this project. Do you have one of those go pro cameras to put on every now and then for the record?:dunno::laugh: How soon do you need the C of O?

·
Old Pa-pa
11,737 Posts
Now that is a flat out nice spot you have picked out Lowell, a world of slacking can be done out there.:good2::good2:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Now that is a flat out nice spot you have picked out Lowell, a world of slacking can be done out there.:good2::good2:
Haven't you been paying attention OC? Lowell don't slack. He's got more projects done this winter than I have in the last five years.

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't you been paying attention OC? Lowell don't slack. He's got more projects done this winter than I have in the last five years.
Sometimes! Farm 2016 028.JPG

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Nice picture. So, I have to admit, due to the evidence, that Lowell does slack once in a while.

I guess you won this one OC.:dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
Kind of depressing ain't it. I know I can't keep up either.
Compared to grnspot110, I'd be a slacker no matter what I did. :lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,737 Posts
Nice picture. So, I have to admit, due to the evidence, that Lowell does slack once in a while.

I guess you won this one OC.:dunno:
Kind of depressing ain't it. I know I can't keep up either.
Compared to grnspot110, I'd be a slacker no matter what I did. :lol:
Tell you what guys, some over here scare the crap out of me on what they can accomplish.
I can vaguely remember, in the distant past, when I was still worth a dang..............Vaguely. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tell you what guys, some over here scare the crap out of me on what they can accomplish.
I can vaguely remember, in the distant past, when I was still worth a dang..............Vaguely. :lol:
I don't do as much as some of you guys seem to think I do! The brush cutting for example, 2-3 hours of work takes 2-3 days to recuperate, sometimes more. :banghead: My day usually ends around 3-4 pm anymore, the rest of the afternoon is spent in front of this ______ screen! :flag_of_truce: :lol:

I'm just happy to still be able to work at something that I want to work at! :good2: I can still do most anything (except roof work, never did like that much) that I want to, just not as much of it!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
I don't do as much as some of you guys seem to think I do! The brush cutting for example, 2-3 hours of work takes 2-3 days to recuperate, sometimes more. :banghead: My day usually ends around 3-4 pm anymore, the rest of the afternoon is spent in front of this ______ screen! :flag_of_truce: :lol:

I'm just happy to still be able to work at something that I want to work at! :good2: I can still do most anything (except roof work, never did like that much) that I want to, just not as much of it!
You can say whatever you want, you still inspire me. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 235 Posts