Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is proof that the a 14 foot trailer is too short. 1023E and a 5 foot brush hog it just a tad too long. Luckily I wasn't going very far and it was all back roads.

Edit: I meant for this to be in the "Trucks, Trailers, & Towing" section :(

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Drop the bucket on the trailer tongue next time, cutting edge down.
I have also turned the loader bucket around on the front of the trailer & put the loader arms into it to gain space! ~~ Lowell

Reactions: Zebrafive

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This was the return trip. I had the tractor farther forward on the first trip with bucket over the trailer tongue. I think I had too much tongue weight that way, springs on my vehicle were pretty much maxed out. I need a bigger tow vehicle and bigger trailer. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Have you tried putting the tractor on backwards ?

I use a 20' trailer, works well for me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried loading backwards. I'm not sure the 3 point has enough lift to keep the implement (especially the brush hog) clear of the ramps before the tires would reach the ramps. I have been planning on getting some longer ramps, but haven't done that yet either.

I don't trailer the tractor too much, and this was the first time with the brush hog.

·
Registered
269 Posts
No shop or trailer is ever big enough. My 20' fills up fast sometimes. Be careful about weight distribution, I once pulled a weapons trailer out of Norfolk with another flatbed on top of it, at 55 MPH everything was fine. At 56 MPH the tandems on the tractor raised up, making it impossible to really steer. Nearly rolled it in the hammer lane of I-95. Weapons trailers have the axles too far forward for that particular job. I whipped the wheel left then right then left again, just to stay straight. Grabbed another gear and come on home, albeit under 56 MPH! A lil tongue weight is good.

·
Premium Member
7,834 Posts
You could have removed the loader and left it home.

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
You could have removed the loader and left it home.
The loader comes off??? :lol:

I've had my 790 4 years now & I've never taken the "quick-tach" 300 loader off! FARM (Small).jpg

Never needed to, keep thinking I will so I'll know how, but haven't. ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've had mine off a few times now. It really is easy, no tools required.

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,834 Posts
The loader comes off??? :lol:

I've had my 790 4 years now & I've never taken the "quick-tach" 300 loader off! View attachment 30265

Never needed to, keep thinking I will so I'll know how, but haven't. ~~ Lowell
Everyone should remove and install their quick tach loader at least once.

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Everyone should remove and install their quick tach loader at least once.
You're probably right, I just have never needed it off! Besides, a previous owner has pinch a couple hydraulic lines taking mine off or putting it back on. ~~ Lowell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts