Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to connect a 3 line backhoe to my new Power Beyond Circuit. The BH has 3 lines: 2 supply and 1 return. In the manual under "Using Power Beyond" it states:
1. Shut off engine.
2. Remove hose (A) from coupler (B).
3. Remove outlet cover (C) and place hose (A) into cover.
4. Attach implement pressure hose to power beyond coupler (B).
5. Attach implement return hose to coupler (D).
NOTE: When not in use, plug hose end into coupler for storage.
. power beyond.gif

Using the above diagram nomenclature, what is the proper way to connect a 3 line backhoe with 2 supply and one return. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
What tractor are we working on? Please fill out your signature or always include this when asking technical questions.

There should be one supply, a two returns. One return feeds the 3PH and is used when nothing is attached (the "loop" hose goes here). The other return is for when the backhoe is mounted, it goes directly to the tank and bypasses the 3PH thereby disabling it. The backhoe only has two hoses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What tractor are we working on? Please fill out your signature or always include this when asking technical questions.

There should be one supply, a two returns. One return feeds the 3PH and is used when nothing is attached (the "loop" hose goes here). The other return is for when the backhoe is mounted, it goes directly to the tank and bypasses the 3PH thereby disabling it. The backhoe only has two hoses.
I am working on a 4066R Cab. The backhoe is a non JD and has TWO input lines and ONE Return (3 total).

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
OK sorry then I can't help without knowing exactly how the backhoe is plumbed, your 4066 only has on supply the two returns as I detailed. I've not seen a 3-line backhoe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tied the two inputs together ( with a "T" fitting) and connected to "B" and the return to "D". I left "A" disconnected per the instructions. When I did this the backhoe worked correctly, BUT the 3 PT would not raise or lower, and my bucket would not go down (unless I took it to the float detent). I think this is because of the incomplete loop created by leaving "A" disconnected??:dunno:

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
If you connected the return the to fitting on the left (“D” in the picture) then that explains the 3PH not working, that’s the direct return to the tank I mentioned above. I can’t explain why the FEL bucket would be affected as this is the way the OEM backhoe would be plumbed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been informed that the three lines coming off my backhoe are Pressure, Power Beyond, and Tank. I know that the Tank connects to "D". Should the Power Beyond line be attached to "A" or "B"?

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Well that explains a bunch!

The PB from the backhoe should connect to "A", the one marked on the bracket as "R" for return. The tank line to "D".

I hope your using machined steel hydraulic fittings for your connections and not cast iron fittings, those are only rated for 150-200 PSI

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that explains a bunch!

The PB from the backhoe should connect to "A", the one marked on the bracket as "R" for return. The tank line to "D".

I hope your using machined steel hydraulic fittings for your connections and not cast iron fittings, those are only rated for 150-200 PSI
Thanks so much again Kenny! I was just using fittings I had laying around to test. I will replace all the cast/brass fittings with proper hydraulic fittings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts