Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying this size Hp or maybe 7920. How reliable have they been? Any shortcomings? Transmissions? Quad or VIT?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome to Deere Talk! :good2:

Others with experience with those tractors will be along.

·
Registered
733 Posts
One of my Uncle In Law's bought a new 7920 IVT & ILS a few years ago....he LOVEEEESSS it. Said he could traverse a Potato Field across the rows and not feel it in the seat.

Overall, from what I've heard, its a stout machine. He had to take his in for a reprogram on the Transmission controller...Nothing serious, he was having issues with it when using it on the Snow Blower, since the reprogam, its been :good2:.
Maintenance wise, I've heard that the ILS is something to watch out for...Alot of wear items and VERY expensive to fix.

I think the only shortcoming I would say (not from my personal experience) would be to watch out for the ILS.

·
Registered
213 Posts
One of my Uncle In Law's bought a new 7920 IVT & ILS a few years ago....he LOVEEEESSS it. Said he could traverse a Potato Field across the rows and not feel it in the seat.

Overall, from what I've heard, its a stout machine. He had to take his in for a reprogram on the Transmission controller...Nothing serious, he was having issues with it when using it on the Snow Blower, since the reprogam, its been :good2:.
Come on man - post some pics of that snow blower!

D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally would stick with the quad range. I've heard that the IVTs can go out and when they do you are talking biiiiiig bucks to fix/replace. And I'd go for the 7920 MORE POWER!!!:thumbup1gif:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts