Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't feel like making Chicken breast rolls in Pancetta, so I cheated and just stuffed the things, and made a Mushroom sauce with leftover Portabellas...No truffles...Dang it!!

Breast is Boned, trimmed, and split like this.

Then opened up to lay flat, and slapped around like it owed me money, with the meat hammer.

The scrap rib meat, fat and trimmings, makes a nice thank you for the assistance of the Sous Chefs...hook the puppys up.:lol:

Lightly salt and Pepper the Breast, and use a spoon to spread on a thin layer of Arugala Pesto.

Place two layers of Proscuitto over the Pesto.

Fresh(Or frozen) Basil on the Proscuitto in one layer.

Freshly grated Asiago on top of the Basil, and a sprinkle of EVOO.

Heat your oven safe pan with a light coat of oil on the stove, heat the oven to 450F.
Once all set, drop the stuffed breast in the pan, and chuck in the oven for 20 Min.

For the sauce, sautee a finely diced Garlic clove in about 2 Tbsp of EVOO, when fragrant, toss in 4Tbsp Butter, and brown slightly, deglaze with approx 1/2 Cup of Chicken stock and add 1/3 cup of Pino, and stir until reduced. Reduce heat to med. Add approx 2 cups of sliced Portabella's and a good pinch of Chopped basil, and allow the 'shrooms to do their thing.

Serve the breast covered in the shrooms, and sauce, on top of a Bed of Rice, with some veggies on the porch. Green beans, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts...and of course a good shave of fresh Parm.:lol:

I forgot to have the Camera handy for making Arugala pesto.
I'll try to remember Wed. when it's pasta night and I'm making another batch.
Sorry about that.:(

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Looks fabulous!! :fed::fed:

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Do you want me to call it stuffed chicken breast in the cookbook thread?

These threads are pure torture.....:fed:

·
Registered
10,330 Posts
That looks very good.

Maks me hungry. :fed:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you want me to call it stuffed chicken breast in the cookbook thread?

These threads are pure torture.....:fed:
:lol:

Again, the Italian to 'Merican kinda limits things....

How about "Proscuitto, and Arugala Pesto stuffed Chicken breast, with Mushrooms."

Italian is actually shorter than 'Merican for the actual full description.:lol:

Thanks again for swapping it over!!

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Another recipe has been added. Thanks for the translation.:thumbup1gif: You probably will get more people reading the recipe since they can understand what it is in the cookbook thread. Then they'll see your actual title in your original thread right here. :good2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts