Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from NH. Just took delivery of a new 2025R TLB and a 4ft rotary cutter. After taking a unsecured ROPS off the noggin while dropping the backhoe and about two hours of fiddling in order to get the rotary cutter hooked up, I took it for its maiden brush cutting voyage.

All I can say this thing is a beast and I had the most fun with my clothes on that I had in awhile! So many projects so little time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts
Congrats on the :greentractorride:

:wgtt:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio and congratulations :wgtt:

I got a kick out of your clothes on comparison.:lol:

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,450 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greetings from NH. Just took delivery of a new 2025R TLB and a 4ft rotary cutter. After taking a unsecured ROPS off the noggin while dropping the backhoe and about two hours of fiddling in order to get the rotary cutter hooked up, I took it for its maiden brush cutting voyage.

All I can say this thing is a beast and I had the most fun with my clothes on that I had in awhile! So many projects so little time.

I run my 2025R naked. It's the best of both worlds:laugh:

Congrats on a great machine!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,365 Posts
:wgtt: and :congrats: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
512 Posts
The ROPS is a pain IMHO. I mow with mine so I can't leave it up due to mowing under trees. It wont drop completely down either, pinned, unless you tie it with a rag and a bungee, but then you can't use any 3 point implements or the BH because it's in the way. When it's folded back horizontal it becomes a headache smashing your head on it.

So I took my top section right off. I know, I know, it's defeating it's purpose, however most accidents are caused by stupidity and I try not to be stupid :bigthumb:

Congrats on the machine! They are oh so sweet!

BTW, where in NH? I live in Southern Maine.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The ROPS is a pain IMHO. I mow with mine so I can't leave it up due to mowing under trees. It wont drop completely down either, pinned, unless you tie it with a rag and a bungee, but then you can't use any 3 point implements or the BH because it's in the way. When it's folded back horizontal it becomes a headache smashing your head on it.

So I took my top section right off. I know, I know, it's defeating it's purpose, however most accidents are caused by stupidity and I try not to be stupid

Congrats on the machine! They are oh so sweet!

BTW, where in NH? I live in Southern Maine.

I’m in Londonderry. Yeah the ROPS is a pain. I have to fold it in order to get it in my garage and with the backhoe it won’t fold all the way. The guy that delivered it told me to rest it on the dipper piston which is what I did. Unfortunately I forgot about it and when I lowered the boom to unhook the backhoe while standing under it and it swung down and nailed me right in the head. The piston housing took the brunt of it which is good because if it hit me square I would of been night night.

I’ve since found a way to pin it so it won’t rest on the hoe.

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on the new tractor.

As you can see, we are a pretty interesting group. :hide:

Sounds like you are "hard headed" enough to fit right in. :lol:

BTW, we have a thread specifically for those that forget to fold the ROPS before entering the garage. :munch:

Reactions: PJR832

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Congrats. Love your front yard and house. Looks good with the 2025

·
Registered
561 Posts