Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied what I knew from my 1025R to my new to me 4700 when removing the backhoe and just skimmed over the directions. Of course, the two tractors are completely different. I had no idea the rockshaft didn't have hydraulic power with the power-beyond connected to the backhoe. I used the outriggers to lift the hoe enough to remove the retaining pins and then lifted the outriggers. For just a few seconds the backhoe remained in place...until it didn't.

The operator's station of the BH landed on my foot and pinned my foot to the ground. Those outriggers sure do move slow when you need them to hurry up.

Only by the grace of God did I not loose my toes nor break any bones.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Damn close call. Post some updated photos tomorrow when the colors start blooming..

Careful man!!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
OUCH!! My but puckered up when I saw the pics.

You're luck it's not any worse that it is.

You might loose the second toe-nail.

Hope it heals up quick.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,099 Posts
Damn close call. Post some updated photos tomorrow when the colors start blooming..
Careful man!!

Looks like that really hurt.

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts

Glad that it didn't end up worse than it did.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This evening take your favorite non-opioid pain killer along with some ice. Put on some Vanilla Ice (Ice, Ice, Baby) and chill out in lazy boy with nice warming blanket/throw.
Almost to the T what I am doing

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
Almost to the T what I am doing
So you really are listening to Vanilla Ice 😏

Looks painful, at least you still have all of your digits.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
OMG 😯 That was close 😱

Buy a lottery ticket while you're still on a lucky streak.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The best thing about those types of injuries are that they arent permanent, and they are really hard to forget, and thus a great learning experience!
I should know...Ive had enough similar ones, though several of mine left nice scars too, just in case.

Glad it wasnt worse!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Glad you did not hurt worse.

You use the rockshaft to install & remove the backhoe on your tractor. Do not use the outriggers to lift or lower the hoe.
You do not connect the power-beyond to the hoe until the hoe is mounted to the tractor. Disconnect the power-beyond from the hoe before removing the hoe from the tractor.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
It's definitely danger zone when manipulating the hoes back there.
Very glad it was not worse, but foot injuries I have found to be quite slow healing.
I hope it's not the case for you.

·
Premium Member
14,124 Posts
You are lucky,,,,

That looks like it HURTS..

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Able to walk? pain level?
I hobble around pretty good. Pain level is probably a 4 but I have a high tolerance for pain. I'm better when I am moving. After sitting still for a while pain level increases and the foot gets real stiff.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I wondered if you would show us today, and it hurts just looking at it for me.
Are you certain that first toe isn't broken? Looks very angry...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts