Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based on reviews from this site I order a set of 4" spacers for my 1025r. Spoke to Lenny told him i was a member of this board, he offered a discount on my purchase. I ordered steel 4" spacers at a hell of a deal 346.50+ shipping. I placed my order on 6-29 cc was charged. I call back on 7-20 to check status, he told me next week. I was checking the status on his web page and never saw it updated. I waited 2 more weeks and called back for a status again he said next week. I just received the spacers and they are aluminum not the steel i had ordered. The finish machining is less than desirable. Looks like they didn't chuck one in straight on the lathe. Also wish they would have chased the treads before anodizing but they are workable.

·
Administrator
17,253 Posts
I’ve never heard a bad word about them in all my years on the various forums, and I’m a customer myself. I hope they make it right for you.

i do have to say, 4” spacers on 1-series? That seems way to wide IMHO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope don't use mid mount mower. Im not going to bother contacting the guy and wait another month or two.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I have 2" spacers from him and they work great. I have had them on my 16 1025R with 60" and moved them to my 18 1025R with 54D deck with my HDAP tires plenty of clearance. very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
I've ordered 2 or 3 different spacers from Lenny, The only problem I had was when JD went from the 2305 to Series1 and different bolt pattern. They make the correct ones for me plus received discount.

Call Lenny if nothing else let him aware of you ordering steel and you received aluminum instead.

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Surprised to hear that you had a problem with Motorsport-tech. I purchased a set of 2" Steel spacers from him a while back. Fast service, a nice discount (20% if I recall) and a precision machined and finished set of spacers. :hi:

Spoke to Lenny personally and I received the discount via rebate to PayPal after the initial purchase. EZ-PZ.

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Before bad mouthing I would give Lenny a call, mine are absolutely flawless, I was told two weeks and that's what it was. He will make it right to you if you just call him, that I'm sure of.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Nope don't use mid mount mower. Im not going to bother contacting the guy and wait another month or two.
If you don't want to call, at least email him and let him know. I am sure he would want to know your concerns and he likely would do something to remedy them.

That could have been done in the time it took to post your thread here. Things happen, employees make mistakes and if you don't share your concerns, he will never know. Complaining about the quality, the product and the delivery to the GTT members here in this thread, but refusing to tell the vendor of the parts these same concerns won't accomplish anything productive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just ordered a set of his spacers a couple days ago after reading the praise from you guys. Unfortunately I didn't realize there was a discount for GTT members. Maybe I'll call and see if he could still honor a discount.

As far as OP's issue, I can understand not wanting to take the time to get a replacement set out, but as others have said, at least let the owner know, he will likely either offer a discount/credit to make it right for shipping you a cheaper product than you ordered, or expedite a replacement. He would probably even offer a full refund if you're not happy with the qual

·
Super Moderator
7,910 Posts
Just ordered a set of his spacers a couple days ago after reading the praise from you guys. Unfortunately I didn't realize there was a discount for GTT members. Maybe I'll call and see if he could still honor a discount.

As far as OP's issue, I can understand not wanting to take the time to get a replacement set out, but as others have said, at least let the owner know, he will likely either offer a discount/credit to make it right for shipping you a cheaper product than you ordered, or expedite a replacement. He would probably even offer a full refund if you're not happy with the qual
I'm not sure that Motorsport-tech provides a GTT specific discount. I believe that the discount is something that they offer periodically or seasonally.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Im not going to bother contacting the guy and wait another month or two.
This just ain't right!

I've posted bad reviews of things before, but ONLY after trying to get things rectified with the vendor. As others have said, stuff happens. The owner (Lenny?) is going to want to know if the customer isn't satisfied and will most likely do what it takes to make it right. Everyone that's replied that has actually dealt with this business seems pretty surprised that you're not satisfied. That tells me that this guy cares.

Do the right thing - contact him and let him know what's going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
My intent was just to state facts and what occurred without bashing anybody. I have contacted Lenny he offered to make the steel ones BUT it would take 3 weeks. He also gave me a refund for the forum discount.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts