Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing the 7iron deck on my 1023e, I need to press down with my foot on the pto. coupler assembly to lower it into position. The spring assist is not working.
I had worked on the deck leveling it early summer and suspect I didn’t get that assist spring hooked properly. I had noticed also when mowing and lowering deck, it kinda just settled down. Not snapping down with authority as it should. If someone could take a photo for me of just how that spring is hooked, I would be most grateful. Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
913 Posts
Is the rate-of-descent knob for your 3 point hitch opened all the way? If not, the mid-PTO shaft for the MMM will take its own sweet time to lower, or may not even lower down at all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks i didn’t know that. I had 300 lbs on that, so might be cranked down pretty tight . Thanks, I’ll check it, soon as I can. Have a great evening, Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know if it affects that feature. But my deck lifts by the hydraulic control valve on the right hand fender. But, I’ll check rate valve also. Thanks

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
RetiredDoc is referring to the 3-point hitch rate of drop control. This would apply if you had Mechanical Lift. As you have "Hydraulic Lift", it does not.

I've attached the installation manual which has an illustration that depicts how the return spring is to be oriented. I remember having to take a bracket loose that one end of the spring attaches to connect it as oriented. I connected the spring to the bracket when loose and I believe I slid the bracket along the frame rail until I could utilize an alignment bar to guide it over the frame mounting locations. I utilized a cardstock 12-pack soda container over the frame to protect the finish from gouging/scratching.

I maybe a bit off in my description as it was a year ago since I did the last one. However, I do remember taking the bracket loose and utilizing the 12-pack container to protect the paint finish. I also had the foot board removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wow, thanks i didn’t know that. I had 300 lbs on that, so might be cranked down pretty tight . Thanks, I’ll check it, soon as I can. Have a great evening, Dan

I apologize for getting your hopes up. I did not know what lift mechanism you had installed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are great, thanks for all help. I. Hope to work on this Sat. Dan

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Without a doubt, if you have the optional hydraulic lift, which it sounds like you do, the lift cylinder retract spring is essential. In fact, even when the spring is connected properly, the linkage lowers slowly.

I am curious, you mentioned you were adjusting the deck leveling and didn't get the assist spring hooked up properly. Actually, the spring doesn't have anything to do with deck leveling so I am curious, did you actually have the spring disconnected?:dunno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ray, thanks ! Your right, that spring is not involved. I have my deck off now and it seems to be lowering quite nicely now, for some reason. Maybe was binding somewhere. I need to study it some. Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts