Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a LA140 and it's about 10 years old and the PTO clutch broke free of the mounts and spun the wiring Harnass all up. I replaced the PTO and the wiring Harnass and the 20 amp fuse it blew and still nothing. Could I also need the main engagement switch to be replaced...what else could have gone wrong???

Thanks all!!

Mike

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
18,961 Posts
I've got a LA140 and it's about 10 years old and the PTO clutch broke free of the mounts and spun the wiring Harnass all up. I replaced the PTO and the wiring Harnass and the 20 amp fuse it blew and still nothing. Could I also need the main engagement switch to be replaced...what else could have gone wrong???

Thanks all!!

Mike
Un-plug the connector to the new PTO clutch.
Install a new Fuse.
Turn the key to the ON position.
Engage the PTO switch.
Does the fuse still BLOW ??

If not, the new PTO, or it's harness is shorted to ground.

It the fuse blows, there is a problem in the switch, or harness leading to the PTO connector.

·
Super Moderator
2,810 Posts
I moved this to the regular Lawn & Garden section. The Vintage L&G section is for the older pre-1992 stuff, anything newer than 1992 goes into the regular L&G section. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Un-plug the connector to the new PTO clutch.
Install a new Fuse.
Turn the key to the ON position.
Engage the PTO switch.
Does the fuse still BLOW ??

If not, the new PTO, or it's harness is shorted to ground.

It the fuse blows, there is a problem in the switch, or harness leading to the PTO connector.
Finally got back to this project and tested...fuse did not blow...tested the switch. The switch got fried, switched it out and works fine. Thanks for the advise!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.