Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my 2038R to JD to have the rear selective control valve kit installed and they informed me that my PTOs (mid or rear) were not working. I have never has a need for the PTOs as I use my tractor for road work and spreading gravel. I'm sure the PTOs never worked as the indicator said the total PTO time was .1 hours. The indicator lights up on the switch and the dash shows the PTO is engaged and the PTO RPM but the shafts are not turning. Just my luck my tractor is out of warranty so the dealer charged me an hours time to diagnose the problem. The dealer could not figure out the problem in an hour so I had them stop. Has any one else had this problem on their tractor? I would like to fix this as I planned to get a mower in the future. Thanks for your help...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
I took my 2038R to JD to have the rear selective control valve kit installed and they informed me that my PTOs (mid or rear) were not working. I have never has a need for the PTOs as I use my tractor for road work and spreading gravel. I'm sure the PTOs never worked as the indicator said the total PTO time was .1 hours. The indicator lights up on the switch and the dash shows the PTO is engaged and the PTO RPM but the shafts are not turning. Just my luck my tractor is out of warranty so the dealer charged me an hours time to diagnose the problem. The dealer could not figure out the problem in an hour so I had them stop. Has any one else had this problem on their tractor? I would like to fix this as I planned to get a mower in the future. Thanks for your help...
You paid to have the selective control valve kit installed and the first hour to trouble shoot the PTO problem?
I'd call John Deere and/or find another dealer.

What model year tractor is it and how many hours on the tractor.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have a hard time believing your tractor is out of warranty already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tractors sold under commercial sales have reduced warranty periods IIRC, but otherwise I completely agree-no way the machine should be out of Deere’s newer 6 year warranty.

·
Super Moderator
4,762 Posts
Just my luck my tractor is out of warranty so the dealer charged me an hours time to diagnose the problem.
I thought the powertrain warranty on SCUTs/CUTs was 6 years/2000 hours as of 2017. The 2038R hasn't even been out for 6 years. I'd find it hard to believe you have over 2000 hours on your's.

Is the PTO not considered a part of the powertrain?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS for the replies... I talked to the salesman that sold me the tractor and the service writer and nobody mentioned the powertrain warranty. They only mentioned a 2 year warranty. This tractor only has 100 hours on it and it for personal use. I will definitely give the dealer a call. I bought the tractor in June of 2017.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
THANKS for the replies... I talked to the salesman that sold me the tractor and the service writer and nobody mentioned the powertrain warranty. They only mentioned a 2 year warranty. This tractor only has 100 hours on it and it for personal use. I will definitely give the dealer a call. I bought the tractor in June of 2017.

Please let us know how it goes and how they get this fixed for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts