Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1025 I noticed that according to manual when the mid or rear pto or both are engaged they are suppose to have separate lights glowing...but mine only has one that lights up for both which is no big deal but it would be nice if things work correctly from the get go...any idears?:confused:

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have never seen that mentioned before. :unknown:

1026r here and only one light. Don't remember it saying anything different in my manual.

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
I have never seen that mentioned before. :unknown:

1026r here and only one light. Don't remember it saying anything different in my manual.
I know there are some differences between the 1026 and the 1025, but I don't recall the PTO lights being one either. When I get a chance, I'll research this further.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Don't have a 1025R but reading the manual it looks like one light is supposed to come any time either mid or rear PTO is engaged.

The 2nd light (just to the left of the first) is supposed to come on only when the rear PTO is selected. When the rear PTO is engaged both idiot lights should be on.

???

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
1026 only has one indicator lamp for PTO.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Don't have a 1025R but reading the manual it looks like one light is supposed to come any time either mid or rear PTO is engaged.

The 2nd light (just to the left of the first) is supposed to come on only when the rear PTO is selected. When the rear PTO is engaged both idiot lights should be on.

???
Maybe it comes on if you set up to run the rear pto in the off seat operation?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dash shows 2 pto lights and a tractor symbol light that suppose to come on also with either pto or pto"s....if you have both ptos engaged a total of 3 idiot lights are suppose to glow...according to manual...or I'm imagining things again (Dr says it could happen lol)

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Doh! Went back and looked again and you're right. For some reason they broke up the indicators in the listing and I missed the Mid-PTO light.

1025Rdash.jpg

E - PTO Indicator Light - This light will turn on when the PTO switch is engaged.

F - Rear PTO Indicator Light - This light will turn on when the Rear PTO is engaged.

H - Mid PTO Indicator Light - This light will turn on when the Mid PTO is engaged.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Idiot lights? We have idiot lights we're supposed to look at? Guess I should pay more attention. :laugh: Never noticed on just what came on mine as far as being different lights for the same thing. Now I have to check it out. Work never ends...:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Idiot lights? We have idiot lights we're supposed to look at? Guess I should pay more attention. :laugh: Never noticed on just what came on mine as far as being different lights for the same thing. Now I have to check it out. Work never ends...:thumbup1gif:
I'm still trying to master noticing the parking brake light so I don't start moving while it is still on. Not that it would hold the tractor back or anything.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Those lights are mainly for guys that blow snow at night with front AND rear snowblowers. It tells them which direction they should be moving.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to know what the light marked "L" on the dash layout that jimr posted is,, it looks like a trailer symbol and only comes on for a second when you turn on the key

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
According to the Operator's Manual....

L - Not Used.

:unknown:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Believe it is for trailer lighting, but only on a Euro model.
Them Euro guys get a shot at plenty of stuff we are not offered and some of it is pretty plushy! Makes me feel almost "Sears Class"...:laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Those lights are mainly for guys that blow snow at night with front AND rear snowblowers. It tells them which direction they should be moving.
It's a good thing I don't have a front or rear snow-blower. This way I can move in which ever direction I want when I want. Life is so much easier that way. :lol::laugh:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I checked this the other night. The same light comes on regardless of which PTO (or both) is engaged.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Same for me. One light comes on for both PTOs.

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
One light for me, on 1026 or the 1025 ,Mid PTO , the only one that lights with rear , mid pto , or both selected.
Must be a feature for the rest of World !

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Seems like this would be a great question to start throwing at some dealers or someone up at JD corporate just to see if someone can come up with a plausible answer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts