Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 3033R hydrostat oos with 220 hours on it, bought it June 0f 2018 with 117 hours on it. Using it with a 60 inch mid-mount mower and a rear tiller. On both implements, when you shut off the PTO the lights on dash go off but the PTO continues to run. No safety circuits shut it off after this(seat or RIO). If you cycle the switch several times it sometimes shuts off. If you shut off the motor it has never been engaged upon restarting. At first thought it was just tight and loosen up some with use does not seem to have changed anything. Has been doing this since I Got it. I know I should have went back to dealer sooner. Going to dealer next week and see what service has to say.. Any ideas or questions I should be asking them? Would this covered under powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have a 2016 3033R hydrostat oos with 220 hours on it, bought it June 0f 2018 with 117 hours on it. Using it with a 60 inch mid-mount mower and a rear tiller. On both implements, when you shut off the PTO the lights on dash go off but the PTO continues to run. No safety circuits shut it off after this(seat or RIO). If you cycle the switch several times it sometimes shuts off. If you shut off the motor it has never been engaged upon restarting. At first thought it was just tight and loosen up some with use does not seem to have changed anything. Has been doing this since I Got it. I know I should have went back to dealer sooner. Going to dealer next week and see what service has to say.. Any ideas or questions I should be asking them? Would this covered under powertrain warranty?

dont have a answer but be sure and let us know what the Dealer says....my MIL has a small yanmar tractor that has the same issue just havent had the time to take it in under warrenty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer says it is out of the 2 yr general warranty so not covered but if it were powertrain it would be covered not sure what they interpret as powertrain. Their thoughts was it was the switch not sure I agree but am going to start troubleshooting myself

Reactions: ttazzman

·
Registered
389 Posts
Search out yourself a wiring schematic for the electric PTO.
I would think the switch(PTO knob)controls some type of actuator or contactor (heavy set of contacts) that sends power to the PTO clutch that should engage and drop out.
My money is on that part, or a possible ground problem.

Just a wild guess, except the part about finding a schematic. :laugh:

Reactions: JimR

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
Search out yourself a wiring schematic for the electric PTO.
I would think the switch(PTO knob)controls some type of actuator or contactor (heavy set of contacts) that sends power to the PTO clutch that should engage and drop out.
My money is on that part, or a possible ground problem.

Just a wild guess, except the part about finding a schematic. :laugh:
Agreed. The switch activates the PTO solenoid. It may be rusted/corroded and hanging up. It should drop out when the switch is turned off but if it's hanging, the PTO will continue running. The seat (and other) safety features also operate off the same solenoid so that may explain why they aren't having any effect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Have a new switch no how the heck do you get the old one out. Miss having exposed screws for access.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good news switch took care of it. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts