Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have a 1026r and I loved it up until yesterday. 1st off the auto connect MMM wouldn't attach with out me and the wife manually pulled it back so the locking latch would engage, it took a good 20 minutes of cussing and lifting to get it on. Now I cant get the pto selector lever to go from the rear PTO to the mid PTO while its attached. I dropped the MMM and tried moving it and it moved but when I put the MMM back on (after another bout or cussing) I could not get the lever to move. Any one have these issues or am I just doing something wrong? There is only 14 hours on the machine and I never had any issues with the MMM or selector lever before.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree with Scotty 100%, but untill then work the pedels forward then reverse just a little bit while trying to move the pto lever. I use to have to do this sometimes with my 1026R
good luck:drinks:

Reactions: danwolfgang

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just had the same problem on my 2720. I had to spin the mid pto by hand then it engaged fine. It just happened that the collar didn't line up close enough to the splines to let it engage. Turning the rear pto on and off didn't help..

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Read the link Kenny posted and see if that helps at all. I agree with Scotty. Get your dealer involved. It sounds like you have a set-up issue or another problem. Let them get it right for you. If you have any questions after that, don't hesitate to post them here. We'll do everything we can to help you out. You have a great machine. :drinks:

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey all I have a 1026r and I loved it up until yesterday. 1st off the auto connect MMM wouldn't attach with out me and the wife manually pulled it back so the locking latch would engage, it took a good 20 minutes of cussing and lifting to get it on. Now I cant get the pto selector lever to go from the rear PTO to the mid PTO while its attached. I dropped the MMM and tried moving it and it moved but when I put the MMM back on (after another bout or cussing) I could not get the lever to move. Any one have these issues or am I just doing something wrong? There is only 14 hours on the machine and I never had any issues with the MMM or selector lever before.
I've had this occur on both machines at various times and appears to be occasionally "torque" loaded. (not unlike parking the truck on a hill and having the tranny load up)
I correct the condition with a brief engagement of the PTO which removes any existing load and the selector always frees up immediately! Hope this helps you!

ps....I've had this in all selector positions dependent on what came off and what went on from which position last, etc....

·
Corndog Hater
12,679 Posts
jrs1959 gives good advice. I added the rear PTO option on my old X728 and the selector wouldn't budge at times, always the wrong times. The dealer checked it over and told me the same thing jrs1959 suggested. I would turn the PTO on and off and it would free up the selector, worked like a charm, everytime! :good2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.