Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another fatal PTO shaft accident that took the life of the son of a farmer. The pto is a dangerous thing. Take the time especially if your using a machine for a long time to build a fence or even a V shaped covering of plywood over it to keep you safe.
It takes few minutes but may save your life or someone else, Maybe you own child

Police identify man killed in weekend farming accident

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
that's never a good story to read or hear about, getting caught in a live pto. all my life when I'm around the pto, I remember the story my uncle told of his brush with death, with a live spinning pto. what I remember was he was either getting on or off the tractor and his pant leg got caught in the spinning pto, he did say it was at a idle, but before he could throw it out, it had wrapped and tore his pant leg up to his belt line, all this time whatever he had been holding onto, had bent he said a lot. after all this and only one pant leg left, he had to come home for a fresh pair of pants, and he didn't say anything about fresh under wear, but boy I'm sure he maybe needed them too. so yeah every time I hook up to the jd 50 or the even the 2520 I think about his story. big jim

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
God, what a painful way to go that must be.

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Old Pa-pa
11,836 Posts
That and flip overs, it's really something that gets to us here.

Hate hearing these stories, but it does make us think more.

Reactions: Jeff B

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Yes, I saw this when you posted or shortly there after. Long hair is very dangerous around anything like this, in the workplace or the farm. it is all to easy as you state after a long hard day. I think one of the reasons that the PTO Seat switch is in place..... Front PTO is not guarded at all. Still could do a lot of damage. Especially at 2000 RPM.

God be with this family.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 7 of 7 Posts