Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
They are a PITA to remove...

There should be little tabs to release the bell end from the the tube part, I didn't really see any in the pictures but they have to be there.

I know that was not very helpful, but patience IS a virtue:laugh:

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, well, well, I actually figured something out.
(Without snapping some plastic)

Auto part Tool accessory Pipe Rotor
Auto part Tool accessory
Auto part Pipe Suspension part
Pipe Metal

In picture 1 on the left, the white tab folds down as shown in
picture 2. Then the entire white thing in picture 3 rotates CCW
into the open space. Then the entire cover slides off.

Good news the entire shaft isn't in too bad of shape, just the end
where the weather took away the grease.

·
Corndog Hater
12,847 Posts
Thanks stone7, I have been having an extended disagreement with the plastic cover on the driveshaft for my tiller, maybe this thread will help us put our differences behind us.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Some of these things are a real puzzle to remove as was the case today with an older Eurocardan (sp?) PTO shaft. :banghead:
After an hour of digging grease & dirt off, prying & twisting I spy this tiny symbol suggesting inserting a screwdriver and turning counter clockwise on the cover over the u-joint. At last, I found the secret:yahoo: but :unknown: still cant twist the cover to unlock it from the tube. Much more brake cleaner and prying I noticed that little thing I turned with the screwdriver was working itself out so I pushed it on out with a small screwdriver........IT'S A PIN that locks the collar from rotating.:yahoo:

BTW they are pretty proud of that plastic contraption $$$.
Yellow Beige Vehicle

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shooting some WD-40 all around also helps. Let it sit and wipe off the excess. I likes me some WD-40!

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
BTW.. all the ones I have worked on are " Clocked".

As in they only go together in 1 of the 3 possible positions.

Look it over good and you will see the way it fits back together.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The new PTO cover arrived today from Land Pride and it is obvious Eurocardan let the engineer go:nunu: that designed the last cover.
So much easier to install on the shaft now.:good2:
Thanks everyone who got involved with this helpful thread.:bigthumb: Without it I would have resorted to a hacksaw on the old one.

Reactions: keane and kylew
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.